New spoilers!!!

By DarthBlade, in Star Wars: Destiny

If I learned anything thus far it is don't be shy when buying product. Buy extras, spares, what have you.

Lifted from the article: " Three kits and three booster pack displays (108 booster packs) are included in each Prerelease Package. Each Spirit of Rebellion Prerelease Package also comes with twelve copies of three different extended art cards, with a thirteenth set for the event organizer. Each of the three different extended art cards are from the new set, Spirit of Rebellion , giving your players a chance to own new cards just by participating in the event!

3 kits of 13 sets of cards will give you 39 sets of cards. By Grubthars Hammer FFG needs to proof read these things, because that could just as easily read 13 as 39.

April 1st...& 2nd... Are we sure this isn't an April Fool's joke? ?

Sure hope my local shop can get this. Just sent the owner the info, I'm on good terms with him, and we got a nice little group going

8 hours ago, DarthBlade said:

How about that IG-88 tho! Wow!!! 12 health and top tier damage...he is basically luke sky walker and I would expect a similar price tag. ?

Yeah, you have no idea how happy I was to manage to pull 2 Lukes XD, and I didn't even buy a straight up box

I'm sure it will be 3 boosters per person for the tournament. Incase people show up late and to keep fairness. But after the event I'm sure most will sell the extras. Those who aren't greedy and are fair to their costumers.

12 hours ago, DarthBlade said:

Always a problem with some people. Just enjoy the event whether u get extra cards or not. Good grief. It's a game.

R e l a x

how about he can enjoy what he wants,

13 hours ago, Amanal said:

Lifted from the article: " Three kits and three booster pack displays (108 booster packs) are included in each Prerelease Package. Each Spirit of Rebellion Prerelease Package also comes with twelve copies of three different extended art cards, with a thirteenth set for the event organizer. Each of the three different extended art cards are from the new set, Spirit of Rebellion , giving your players a chance to own new cards just by participating in the event!

3 kits of 13 sets of cards will give you 39 sets of cards. By Grubthars Hammer FFG needs to proof read these things, because that could just as easily read 13 as 39.

That's what I also wonder. Is it 13 sets or 39 sets?

It seems to imply only 13 sets (by making a distinction between kits and prerelease package... but if it's not 13 sets per kit, and there's 3 kit in the prerelease package, what exactly is in those 3 kits?

19 hours ago, Buhallin said:

I think this is misplaced, and you obviously don't understand what my point is. Reading comprehension falls second to standard internet kneejerk again, I guess.

As mentioned above, I'll probably be running the event for our LGS. Promo cards are highly desirable, not to mention potentially valuable. People WILL do what they can to get them. I know these people exist, and will do what they can to ensure they get the promos. My concern is not whether I get them, it's whether everyone attending our event has a fair chance at them. That they only have 12 sets of cards creates an issue which I have to try and solve to make sure it's fun for everyone.

So if you want to get all huffy and feel superior to "those" players, go right ahead, just point it somewhere else.

Simple solution -- if you are running the event you control how the promos are handed out, not the players. If 36 people show up guess what, everybody gets 1 promo card. If only 12 people show up there is enough for everybody to get a full set.

19 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

There is no way in hell I'd let a stranger play with a deck full of money cards. If I brought 2 decks they'd be full of crap. I don't even have interest 1 in the promos and not likely a store around here will even run this but it'll be worth looking to score some packs I guess. FFG is just hell bent on keeping the junk yard dog brawl going aren't they. Already compete for stock now there's competition to get the promo's before they get scooped. Not everyone is walking with these. Infact I bet the way this is set up 12 people will scoop them and 24 leave with packs only. Just seems silly to turn the player base further against each other.

If you run the event you are not obligated to hand out full sets to 12 people. If 36 players show up then easy -- everybody gets one card. That is how I will be running it at my LGS. The idea behind the event is casual play NOT competing for prizes.

On 3/7/2017 at 4:54 PM, Amanal said:

I use the extended art cards as dividers

On 3/8/2017 at 8:30 AM, pstalker said:

If you run the event you are not obligated to hand out full sets to 12 people. If 36 players show up then easy -- everybody gets one card. That is how I will be running it at my LGS. The idea behind the event is casual play NOT competing for prizes.

What will you be doing with the extras if it arises

Just now, ozmodon said:

What will you be doing with the extras if it arises

I'd save them for future events.

Just now, netherspirit1982 said:

I'd save them for future events.

Sounds good, people who get extra stuff tend to put it up for sale. Not all but most. I'm just glad that I'll get to be a part of the April event, win or loose.

My Flgs is taking bookings to ensure that everybody gets at least 3 booster packs. Not sure if we will all manage to get all 3 alt art cards though.

When are FFG likely to release the full card list for Spirit of Rebellion?

We are now two weeks away from pre-release with very limited spoilers.

I for one, would love to know what is coming per faction and colour to help plan my trades.

I would also like to know the ratio between legendary and rares.

Do you think, (like MtG) that the pre-release boosters tend have a better card draw than regular boosters or is it just psychological?

I'm guessing the card list may be in electronic form. The Awakenings list came in the Starter set, and I don't see a good way to put the list in a gravity feed when the individual packs usually end up going to different people. Perhaps we'll get it at the pre-release.

2 hours ago, Alphastealer said:

When are FFG likely to release the full card list for Spirit of Rebellion?

We are now two weeks away from pre-release with very limited spoilers.

I for one, would love to know what is coming per faction and colour to help plan my trades.

I would also like to know the ratio between legendary and rares.

Do you think, (like MtG) that the pre-release boosters tend have a better card draw than regular boosters or is it just psychological?

there is no starter deck this time, so no way to get the list

So? more for the surprise

You will know most of it day of

Same as awakenings

It's all in your head

52 minutes ago, JediGeekGirl said:

there is no starter deck this time, so no way to get the list

So? more for the surprise

You will know most of it day of

Same as awakenings

It's all in your head

This.

Generally, FFG have officially released spoilers for about 10-15% of a card pool for any set of any game. When people get more, those are social media leaks from people who get their copies early. For the co-op games (Arkham & Lord of the Rings), for some reason the French/Spanish people get it a few days sooner and post pictures of the full set ahead of US release.

Those lucky enough to get the prerelease will have to spoil off of them for the rest of us.

Is there a list of where these pre-release events are taking place? Or are these clandestine locations that everyone is keeping secret? Do I need to know a special knock or password to get in?

19 minutes ago, Reactor Terminal said:

Is there a list of where these pre-release events are taking place? Or are these clandestine locations that everyone is keeping secret? Do I need to know a special knock or password to get in?

I don't know of any list. I would recommend checking the Facebook pages of specific stores in your area. Than make sure to sign up for the event. If there are limited promos, it's possible only the first 12 people to sign up will get any of the promos.