New spoilers!!!

By DarthBlade, in Star Wars: Destiny

Curious about FFGs opinion on stores with less than 36 players, thats the number for 3 packs each. We currently have 6 players so wonder if FFG would mind if we allowed 6 packs instead of three. Know my shop owner probably wont like sitting on roughly three boxes of product for about a month.

1 minute ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Curious about FFGs opinion on stores with less than 36 players, thats the number for 3 packs each. We currently have 6 players so wonder if FFG would mind if we allowed 6 packs instead of three. Know my shop owner probably wont like sitting on roughly three boxes of product for about a month.

Same here! I hope he will just give it to us for retail

How about that IG-88 tho! Wow!!! 12 health and top tier damage...he is basically luke sky walker and I would expect a similar price tag. ?

My Leia/Ackbar deck will love that ability.

Quick someone translate the shuttle text so we know what it's two special sides are for!

5 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

Same here! I hope he will just give it to us for retail

Id say no more than 9/12 per person for smaller stores. That would cover between 12-9 players with the 3 boxes included. Oh im betting most places will do retail, anything more isnt really worth it imo.

6 minutes ago, Danath said:

Quick someone translate the shuttle text so we know what it's two special sides are for!

Its supposedly use a Special on one of your characters. Since its using the symbol id assume the die has to be in your pool, not just use the shuttles to use the ability.

3 minutes ago, Danath said:

Something akin to "Use a special on one of your Characters." Like a limited Cunning, but since we're talking the same color/side as Kylo and new Vader, it could be awesome.

18 minutes ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

For Awakenings prerelease, stores were free to continue selling packs if they had any left over after the event concluded. I can't see why Spirit of Rebellion would be different in that regard.

14 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

Something akin to "Use a special on one of your Characters." Like a limited Cunning, but since we're talking the same color/side as Kylo and new Vader, it could be awesome.

Yep. Imagine rolling both Vaders special and the Shuttle special. Thats 9 damage to your opponent for likely 3 to you. Have to find out that if Shuttle dupes Vaders ability does it still deal Vader damage. I assume yes as Cunning duping Detonator discards detonator.

5 minutes ago, player1750031 said:

For Awakenings prerelease, stores were free to continue selling packs if they had any left over after the event concluded. I can't see why Spirit of Rebellion would be different in that regard.

My store wasnt in on the Awakenings one so didnt know. Thanks for the heads up

Edited by GamerGuy1984

So I'm guessing baze is probably a lock as a character

I'm wondering if stores will be less likely to sell the extras immediately and will hold on to them. Similar to a "x per person per day" allotment for boosters. The Awakenings pre-release just had Rey and some cardboard, but this has three cards - does each player get a set of three cards?

Nevermind, found the stipulations for each card.

Edited by Hawkman2000
I'm dumb...

It also would have been nice to have more lead time. Three and a half weeks for stores to jump on this seems tight.

2 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

It also would have been nice to have more lead time. Three and a half weeks for stores to jump on this seems tight.

For Awakenings were just 2...

The Baze upgrade is "Overkill", and is an upgrade - ability

So IG-88 is going to be Legendary! Can't wait to see the rest of him. I like Kylo's shuttle too

1 hour ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

The kit only includes 13 sets of promos, so while 36 players could buy the 3 packs each, only 12 of those 36 can get the promos. Given that rush, I would probably bring a hero and a villain deck (the first mission completed by walking in the door), buy my 3 boosters (the second mission completed shortly after walking in), and then try to play the same deck twice and concede both times (third mission completed within minutes after that) to ensure I'm in that third of the people that gets the promos, then I'll actually sit down and enjoy the prerelease.

Odd the kit kit only supports 12 while targeting 36.

I'm thinking it'll work more like the pre-release and Q1 events where it's the first twelve get something. Then all the remainder boosters can be sold after the event.

I do think the pre-requisites for each card is a bit silly. It's funny how brong two decks takes place outside of gameplay, but four damage takes place in gameplay. I would also argue that six resources could just mean have six resources with you, just like have two decks with you.

23 minutes ago, anthonybarnstable said:

The kit only includes 13 sets of promos, so while 36 players could buy the 3 packs each, only 12 of those 36 can get the promos. Given that rush, I would probably bring a hero and a villain deck (the first mission completed by walking in the door), buy my 3 boosters (the second mission completed shortly after walking in), and then try to play the same deck twice and concede both times (third mission completed within minutes after that) to ensure I'm in that third of the people that gets the promos, then I'll actually sit down and enjoy the prerelease.

Odd the kit kit only supports 12 while targeting 36.

That's 3 packs per 12 players At the start of the event and 6 packs per player after the event. I would assume the expectation is that for Every expected player over a set of twelve, a participating store should order a set e.g. 13-24 players = 2 sets

37 minutes ago, WexAwn said:

That's 3 packs per 12 players At the start of the event and 6 packs per player after the event. I would assume the expectation is that for Every expected player over a set of twelve, a participating store should order a set e.g. 13-24 players = 2 sets

If it works like it did for Awakening, it doesn't matter how big or small the store/event is. Every kit is the same. 3 boxes of boosters and a set of promotional cards. The mom and pop shop that will only get 6 players will get the same kit as a large venue (such as Cool Stuff).

I believe that the promos are not intended to be given as a set - each player gets one card, not all three.

Edit: Or not... read a little more closely. I'll probably be running this for our store and will take this route if we've got more than 12. I have no idea how to handle it otherwise.

Edited by Buhallin

The Baze alt art is so bad. Rest looks cool though.

13 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

I believe that the promos are not intended to be given as a set - each player gets one card, not all three.

Edit: Or not... read a little more closely. I'll probably be running this for our store and will take this route if we've got more than 12. I have no idea how to handle it otherwise.

A player can earn up to three cards. There are two different ways a player can earn each of the three. It promotes players to come and play the game in the store and teach the game to others.