Nerfed manaroo and emperor too hard...

By punkheadphones, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

I'll admit I'm not the biggest manaroo user. But I always appreciated what she could do. Reducing her range is find, but to make her ability a range 1? That's pretty crappy... you could have at least made her range 2 or 3, so she would have to get into the fight. Range one makes her as useless as Lando.

For the emperor, you could have reduced the cost in addition to the changes to made. He's not worth 8 points anymore. Another option was to again, make the emperors ability a range 1-3, once again to keep the ships in closer combat.

I feel like these changes were way too extreme. I'm very disappointed in FFG right now, especially when these changes came literally HOURS after I purchased my ticket for worlds.

I will adapt, and move forward, but my faith in this games stability is now shaken. I worry that you'll go too far when attempting balance everything, and then this game turns into star trek attack wing...

13 hours ago, punkheadphones said:

I'll admit I'm not the biggest manaroo user. But I always appreciated what she could do. Reducing her range is find, but to make her ability a range 1? That's pretty crappy... you could have at least made her range 2 or 3, so she would have to get into the fight. Range one makes her as useless as Lando.

I feel like these changes were way too extreme. I'm very disappointed in FFG right now, especially when these changes came literally HOURS after I purchased my ticket for worlds.

I will adapt, and move forward, but my faith in this games stability is now shaken.

-Manaroo was a crutch that too many people used. I'm glad to see it get the adjustment it badly needed.

-How does this change lessen your enjoyment of worlds? Unless you were going to use one of the cards hit by the nerf. Even then, is winning the only thing that matters? Play, have fun.

-My faith in FFG had been shaken to it's very core years ago. Oddly enough, this newest FAQ helps restore my faith, somewhat, and only by a few percentage points.

I agree with punkheadphones, over tuned errata. My guess is these cards will see minimal use now.

7 hours ago, Clancampbell said:

-Manaroo was a crutch that too many people used. I'm glad to see it get the adjustment it badly needed.

-How does this change lessen your enjoyment of worlds? Unless you were going to use one of the cards hit by the nerf. Even then, is winning the only thing that matters? Play, have fun.

-My faith in FFG had been shaken to it's very core years ago. Oddly enough, this newest FAQ helps restore my faith, somewhat, and only by a few percentage points.

I can have fun at many many different stores and tournaments. But when it comes to worlds, I'm there to do my best and get as far as I can. It's a completely different event than a store tournament.

And without Manaroo or the Emperor, you can't?

This is the wrong forum for boo-hoo-poor-little-me topics. Amazing just how many people fail to notice that.