Final Battle vs. Sorcerer King

By Schmiegel, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I had thought that an official change had been made to the dungeon effects of the Final Battle vs. the Sorcerer King.. But in looking through the FAQ last night, I couldn't find any reference to that. I do recall that problems with this final avatar battle had been referenced previously. Does anyone know of an official resolution to that issue?

There were a few issues in that the heroes had a few advantages due to asymmetry between their feats and the Overlord's cards (in early versions of the FAQ with feats being introduced to RtL), and way worse, they could run in, snipe, and run back out, all within the same turn and without the Sorcerer King hitting them at all. Also, they could force the Sorcerer King to hurt himself by standing next to him when he had the Sorcerer Blast upgrade.

The changes that fixed these things (at least quite a bit) were not to the Sorcerer King battle in particular, but to all Avatar battles:

• FAQ page 9, Avatars may place guard orders
  • FAQ page 12, heroes discard feats at the start of the Avatar battle
  • FAQ page 1, Blast is never mandatory

I think that's all the important changes. Might have missed something of course.

Thank you, Haslo! Very much appreciated.