Solution Suggestions for FFG

By Traxlenak, in Star Wars: Destiny

Hey everyone, I just wanted to change the discussion up a bit.
Let's discuss possible solutions for the general wellhood and longevity of this game, since we are all here because we enjoy it.

I posted this back in early December after I made my first purchase:

Maybe you guys don't care if I sell my stuff (and get out while this stuff is so valuable) and never come back, but I think Fantasy Flight might want to know what MY problem with the game is.

I love Fantasy Flight games.

I will give it a try, but sustainability of the game depends on people having options.

My suggestion to them is to get out a bunch of new starters as quickly as possible, or to get out a pack with grey heroes meant for sealed games as soon as possible. If you want to charge a premium for deck-building dice, that is your prerogative, but at least do something about the hero dice.

Imagine if they had come out with 4 starters instead of 2, with Anakin and a clone trooper, as well as Darth Maul and a Battle Droid. Or 6 starters adding in a Generic Rebel soldier squad, as well as Stormtrooper squad.

How hard would it have been to make the Tuskan Raider a neutral hero, or the Hired Gun?

I am just saying, they need to look at ease of introduction. It is my belief they need to do something about it, and they need to do it fast. Once people are disillusioned on a game, they are seldom likely to give it another try.

Anywhoo, I want to hear what your solution would be.

I think that I added later that I believe it would be important to have 30 card playable decks as their starters, so that someone could actually play the game out of 1 box (not 2). If that meant $20-25 starters, I don't think anyone would have a problem (PEOPLE ARE PAYING $30 FOR STARTERS RIGHT NOW ON EBAY)

While I think your idea is great, the only thing FFG needs to do to solve the immediate problem is make their print runs large enough to support demand and have some product leftover for restock the next six months or so after release.

I would like to see FFG take Destiny digital. Make a great stand alone game along to play offline and a great way for players to play anytime online.

The clear fix is to make is an LCG.

I think The dice are the problem in the game.

Oh, no doubt FFG's bank account likes CCG, mine happens to hate CCGs though.

No matter how many different starters came out they all would be still sold out.

The people who bought 4 would now buy 8. They want them all and will do what it takes to get all.

2 hours ago, Mep said:

Oh, no doubt FFG's bank account likes CCG, mine happens to hate CCGs though.

I'd argue that we contribute more to the long term health of FFG in general by giving them our hard earned cash, but they produce dozens of games and still can't figure out how to satisfy demand. Ideally, though, more money spent would mean that they can reinvest that back into the game.

12 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I'd argue that we contribute more to the long term health of FFG in general by giving them our hard earned cash, but they produce dozens of games and still can't figure out how to satisfy demand. Ideally, though, more money spent would mean that they can reinvest that back into the game.

Careful. You are dangerously close to making sense, sir!

20 hours ago, Mep said:

The clear fix is to make is an LCG.

And this proves it COULD have been an LCG and at a much more affordable cost...

Here's a solution:

We all hold proxy tournaments and boycott Destiny products altogether.

I'll get D6s. Each result is a "Special"

On 3/1/2017 at 10:15 AM, Traxlenak said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to change the discussion up a bit.
Let's discuss possible solutions for the general wellhood and longevity of this game, since we are all here because we enjoy it.

I posted this back in early December after I made my first purchase:

I think that I added later that I believe it would be important to have 30 card playable decks as their starters, so that someone could actually play the game out of 1 box (not 2). If that meant $20-25 starters, I don't think anyone would have a problem (PEOPLE ARE PAYING $30 FOR STARTERS RIGHT NOW ON EBAY)

The hook was making people have to buy a couple of boosters. The plus was no 2 starter decks were exactly alike. I think it was genius despite my first reaction being the same as yours. It did seem a daunting task getting a playable 30 card deck at first. Now looking back it seemed like we were all up and running about 10 days in. Until then we played with less. I'm glad to see that you at least are looking at this in a what I would like to see way. Instead of get out the pitchforks.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:36 AM, Starbane said:

While I think your idea is great, the only thing FFG needs to do to solve the immediate problem is make their print runs large enough to support demand and have some product leftover for restock the next six months or so after release.

/Thread?

Eliminate the biggest issue and complaint seems to be the most obvious way to at least get us back to whining about cards/decks. The top 6+ threads on this forum all being about the supply and demand of the game really says a lot. And I am a "part of the problem" guy who has a full playset+ and preordered a similar amount of SoR.

2 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

Here's a solution:

We all hold proxy tournaments and boycott Destiny products altogether.

My little group proxies anything they want. We take the cards that we have a million copies of and don't need and write on them what we want it to be and the cost. Then, we have blank dice (correct size and everything) that we write the sides on for that card.

On 3/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, johnwiser said:

I would like to see FFG take Destiny digital. Make a great stand alone game along to play offline and a great way for players to play anytime online.

I would have continued to play this game wholeheartedly if this had been the case.