Rachel Plot question

By Ke7in11, in Android

We played our first game the other night, with Rachel, Louis, and Floyd.

During the second week, Rachel's "A Friend Indeed" Plot card came up, which allows her to take a baggage for a Lena favor.

Are there any restrictions to how many times the player is allowed to activate this ability? At this point in the game, the player playing Rachel had decided to give up on getting a good plot ending, and went for gathering as many VPs on the board as possible. "Chairman Hiro Is Touring the Facilities" was one of the current event cards, so Rachel spent a few turns swinging by Jintenki, and ended p gathering all the Jintenki VP tokens. She would spend her Lena favors to get them, and then take on more bad baggage to gain more Lena favors, and get more VP tokens every turn.

Did we play this incorrectly?

Yes, you forgot about a very important rule - a player may use a given location`s ability once per turn (p.14 rulebook).

Yep, that's the trick.

So far, never found any "mistake" in our games with any card... not that a flawed game, eh ;) (blinking to another thread...)

We didn't miss that. He went once per turn during the last week. The event stayed out for the week. He got all the tiles.

Is the gaining of favors via bad baggage limited in use?

Thanks in advance.

In that case you didn`t break the rules. The only limit is the amount of tokens. Keep in mind, that he could get 2 jinteki tokens for the price of 1 only once.

Well, I guess you should have stopped him by playing dark cards or something :P

Hem said:

Yep, that's the trick.

So far, never found any "mistake" in our games with any card... not that a flawed game, eh ;) (blinking to another thread...)

I presume your copy came with the cards that give Caprice her Chairman Hiro favours, then? gui%C3%B1o.gif

Volkh said:

In that case you didn`t break the rules. The only limit is the amount of tokens. Keep in mind, that he could get 2 jinteki tokens for the price of 1 only once.

This is what I was looking for. How did you reach this conclusion? The card says "as long as XX is there...", not "the first player to..." as some of the other cards say.

Ke7in11 said:

Volkh said:

This is what I was looking for. How did you reach this conclusion? The card says "as long as XX is there...", not "the first player to..." as some of the other cards say.

I`ve checked that card and you`re right - "Any detective who uses Jinteki`s location while Chairman Hiro is there gains an extra Jinteki token". Powerful event isn`t it?

Yes, it was.

But, Louis won by changing his innocent hunch so that he was obsessed with Vinnie(card allows him to look at unused hunch cards). Luckily enough, earlier in the game, Floyd assumed the suspect Louis was putting evidence on (Noise) was his guilty, when in reality, he was his innocent. So, Floyd was dumping all sorts of negative evidence on Noise. This made Noise have a negative score when calculating guilt, and Vinnie was a runaway guilty suspect, and therefore gave Louis the extra 5+3 points. (23 total).

Although certain cards and events seem to be game changing and all powerful cards, one never knows who is winning what aspect of the game. It makes for some exciting endgame calculations.

I can't wait to play again!

Bleached Lizard said:

I presume your copy came with the cards that give Caprice her Chairman Hiro favours, then? gui%C3%B1o.gif

:D Oh come on !!! Be nice, lizard ;) You VERY WELL KNOW Wilson intended that for the very forecoming expansion.... everyone knows that :D ;)

Hem said:

Bleached Lizard said:

:D Oh come on !!! Be nice, lizard ;) You VERY WELL KNOW Wilson intended that for the very forecoming expansion.... everyone knows that :D ;)

Oh yes, sorry - I forgot.

When's that expansion coming, then? gui%C3%B1o.gif

When Wilson will be finished taking the best out of your rework to put it back into his own...............

Hem said:

When Wilson will be finished taking the best out of your rework to put it back into his own...............

Heehee... Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.