Fractured Thoughts

By Amanal, in Star Wars: Destiny

Bala is ugly, low hit points and doesn't do anything particularly useful for the most part. He is however two things, cheap and yellow. Right now, that is enough to make him awesome.

15 hours ago, Mep said:

Bala is ugly, low hit points and doesn't do anything particularly useful for the most part. He is however two things, cheap and yellow. Right now, that is enough to make him awesome.

When you say "doesn't do anything particularly useful", did you mean "has one of the best abilities in the game"? Because that's what you should have meant.

45 minutes ago, CBMarkham said:

When you say "doesn't do anything particularly useful", did you mean "has one of the best abilities in the game"? Because that's what you should have meant.

He is more of an unrealized threat. It is rare when he gets to make use of his ability. If I'm playing a 3 character list I almost always target him first. While he is less of a threat against 2 character lists, he is still worth consideration as first target.

Jango on the other hand, will pretty much get to use his ability 2+ times a game. I would rate Jango the best character in the game at the moment.

General Grievous is better, his dice is just flat as and full of damage. I wonder if he will find a partner in SoR or if he will remain the awkward cyborg no one wants to hang around with.

He really just needs more viable melee upgrades. Red has none (unless you count Commanding Presence), you can pair him with Jango for the over costed Flame Thrower and all around terrible Gaffi Stick, or bring Dooku / Darth 2.0 and you get to equip him with non-unique lightsabers and Force Training. He's got viable partners, his color just doesn't bring anything meaningful to the table right now.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:45 AM, Amanal said:

World is in May isn't it?

One tournament does not a circuit make.

5 hours ago, CBMarkham said:

I mean "doesn't do anything particularly useful for the most part". Sure on the rare occasion he triggers and has upgrades he is great but he is no Jango "Can't react to his dice" Fett. The ability is too rare a trigger to be relied upon. He is however cheap, so you aren't exactly paying for it.

4 hours ago, netherspirit1982 said:

One tournament does not a circuit make.

Worlds is preceded by Store, Regional and National Championships can we not imply them too?

10 hours ago, Amanal said:

Worlds is preceded by Store, Regional and National Championships can we not imply them too?

This year those events all happen after worlds and are for next years worlds I think?

But you're right, that's a circuit, a small one of only 4 events, but a circuit nonetheless.

I think he was more talking about like what Wizards does with Grand Prix, PTQs, etc. or even what StarCityGames or TCGplayer (I'm sure there are more) are doing for Magic. Which would be awesome for Destiny!

Edited by netherspirit1982