Studio Colrouphobia artwork

By StudioColrouphobia, in Fan Art

I haven't posted anything here at all, so here is a new personal work of mine.

Needed to practice Orks and so made an Ork Freebooter with a pet Gretchin.

Deviantart-link:

Flashgit

Flashgit

Enjoy...

No-one?

I'm curious as to what you guys might think of it.

Too well dressed for an Ork, even a flashgit, I like the costume, but it should be more haphazard, more tattered, more Orkish, same goes for the gretchin. The Art is nice, I like the Orks interaction with the Gretchin, I don't like the Orks stride though, legs should be farther apart, stride seems mincing and hippy (the bone which legs are connected to, not the 60s peace movement), should be heavier, wider legs.

Just the opinion of someone who can't draw consistent stick figures.

theirontower

Personally I like it a great deal and plan to use him in my game.

While the clothes might not be that Orkish I like it, it gives it a certain style and why shuldn't there be an Ork that like Humie Style, perhaps he killed a Rogue Trader (a big one) and like the set. after all Flashgits have far more regular (relatively non-violent) contact with humans than other orks so parhaps he had a job for a RT who didn't have enough Teef to pay...

The picture in itself is very well made and better than anything i could ever have done and most I have seen. I especially like the shoulder guards and the jaw that gives it that Brutish Ork look without spoiling the style of the Ork.

The Gretching is perhaps unnessesary but a nice touch nonetheless.

Oh and for some reason I cannot fathom I adore the hat.

Sorry, this piece clearly deserves comments. Not that it is bad, quite the opposite.

Bad things:

As mentioned before I think it lacks grit. The ork is dressed to well and the costume could use more patches, bolts and seams. It is a ork after all. My personal opinion about the new RT is that it is to "piratie". After all, it is not a different universe compared to the rest of the setting. The waterstamp sort of ruinings the view but I understand why you use it.

Good things:

Good composition and I like the gretching. Very nice colors, especially the face which I think is the best part. Nice detailwork and if I was FFG I would give you a call...or mail. Maybe not cover material but I have no problem seeing it as a interior piece. Awesome work all together.

Poor Gretchin. I wonder what the Orc is going to do with it.

Nice work. Really like it. Looks a bit to "organized" but yea... Great work.

I love that picture.

That's the suavest **** Ork in the Universe.

Well done sir.

Sister Callidia said:

Poor Gretchin. I wonder what the Orc is going to do with it.

Sack lunch.

Wonderful pic. I'm interested to know how long it took you to create? And considering the polish this makes me want to ask if you are interested in creating pics for the community web projects that might pop up?

Looks like it would make a good picture for an ork freebooter captain.

The picture looks good. But I do not like the fading around the edges. There could have been more detail added to the skin as well. He seems rather Scar less for an ork... Especially a Pirate Ork.

I like it!

Very well done!

He's awesome, great amount of detail and atmosphere!

Although he could use some dirt and stuff - we'ze Orks arn' dat shiny-kleeny!

the Ork Kaptain as it appeared in the blockbuster propaganda film

CHAPTER-MASTER & COMMANDER

and to the above critics, not all Orks look like hillbilly trash

Edited by Egyptoid