Squad Mode Abilities (Oath of Loyalty)

By pearldrum1, in Deathwatch House Rules

I know, I know. This has probably been asked a million times, but before I start I want to say that I did do a search of the forums and found some really useful stuff. First of all, shout out to AK-73 for this:

1. Based on the last sentence of the Oath-Taking section of Page 228, a Kill Team has access to their leader's Chapter Squad Mode Abilities, so they can freely use or activate it, and they benefit from it.

2. Any Astartes of any Chapter has their individual Chapter's Squad Mode Abilities and they can spend the cohesion of their squad to activate such abilities. But only members of that specific Chapter may benefit from it.

3. Any Tactical Marine with Tactical Expertise, who does not need to be the leader by the way, can share his Chapter-Specific Squad mode Abilities provided he passes his Command test.

This is how I intend on running squad mode abilities in my game.

As for my question... the squad leader of my group recently chose Oath of Loyalty. One of the rules that comes with the Oath I found peculiar: " A Killteam which takes this oath gains a +1 bonus on Cohesion Challenge rolls and their leader may add +10 to all tests to resist Cohesion damage."

I had always assumed this Oath just granted a flat +1 to the KT's Cohesion Pool. Apparently, I was wrong. The +1 to Cohesion challenge is cool, but I feel without the additional +1 starting cohesion it is a bit lackluster unless one intends to use a lot of Cohesion Challenge tests. So, I suppose my question is this:

Do you think giving the additional +1 to Cohesion in addition to the Oath's stated effects would be a little too much? In a related question, how often have you used Cohesion Challenges in your games?

Something like 3 months late, but here are my 2 cents.

Cohesion Challenges... +1 to Cohesion Challenge isn't much, I agree. And +10 to Cohesion Tests, while useful against Fear and such, is only truly useful if your Squad Leader has poor Coomand/Fellowship, no Fearless, and you face Fear-inducing enemies. It's just so rare, and even if it's useful once, it means you managed to save... 1 Cohesion, less than Oath of Astartes (!).
I would make this Oath automatically confirm all Cohesion Challenges and Cohesion Tests. That would make it useful, especially with some Cohesion Challenges required to switch into 2 different Squad Modes in a Turn. Still, Squad Modes are probably the only reason to take it, since it allows one Sustained Squad Mode that prevents people ganking on 1 Astarte, Split Fire can negate basically any 1 attack even if it's a Railgun/Artillery/High power psychic powers, and Regroup allows to ignore enemy Overwatch which is amazing.