Defender Draws in Forces, Yes/No?

By The Wretched, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hey guys,

Just one last question and we'll be playing at 100%.

-If I move in to ACTIVATE a system which has ENEMY units: I can draw in UNITS from adjacent systems so long as it's not from a system with one of my leaders and I have transports.
-My question is, can the DEFENDING PLAYER bring/draw in UNITS from surrounding systems when placing his battle leader, or does he have to fight only with the army currently in that system at the moment of the attack?
(ie. "You have to fight with the army you have, not the army you wish you had.")

Thanks again for all the feedback, the game runs really well once you know all the rules and can use the perks (like action card abilities).

All the best,
-The Wretched

He has to fight with the army currently in that system.

Activating a system is there to move units in the galaxy (and attacking). Bringing a leader when you defend can only be done if you have no tactical value in the system where the combat takes place. It's there to give you a tactical value (tactic cards) and to retreat (you can only retreat if you have a leader in the system), not to bring units which where not there in the first place.

Thanks for that Le Jedi Fou, I'd say we have this game down 100% at this point. Defender has can only use the forces (if any) currenlty in the system being activated by the attacker who can bring in units from any connecting system that doesn't have one of there own leaders already in it.

Excellent!
Done and done.

You can't do something the rules doesn't tell you you can do. So no. Nowhere in the rules does it suggest the defender gets to perform an action that interrupts a rebel action.

though that might be an interesting action card.