Running a tournament question

By alpinegamer, in Star Wars: Destiny

I was reading through the tournament structures in the tournament regulations and I have a question. after going through the Swiss part of the tourny you move on the a top 4 cut. It is a best of 3 at 90 minutes each, does that mean it's 90 min per the 3 games of the best of 3 or 90 min total for the best of three? And the finals are 120 min total for all three game also?

Please don't bast me for a noob tournament running question, I just don't want to screw it up on my first tournament.

Thanks

Edited by alpinegamer

From my understanding, it's play three games in 90mins, best of those three. So, you could look at it almost like having 30mins per game.

I will bast whoever I like, thank you very much.

first person to win 2 games during a 90 minute window (top cup)

first person to win 2 games during a 120 minute window (finals)

I'm making a bold prediction that the current format for Top Cut will not be around for very long. They will possibly hold on to it for Nationals / Worlds but after seeing how long it actually takes to run a Top Cut they will change the format.

For my tournaments I have found that a double elimination Top Cut is the best route.

26 minutes ago, pstalker said:

I'm making a bold prediction that the current format for Top Cut will not be around for very long. They will possibly hold on to it for Nationals / Worlds but after seeing how long it actually takes to run a Top Cut they will change the format.

For my tournaments I have found that a double elimination Top Cut is the best route.

Considering nearly everyone is seeing and saying the same thing about how long the top cut is playing out, it's not that bold.

Double elimination is way better for this game, I think.

It only takes that long because FFG can't be bothered to make decent tiebreaker rules.