general grevious

By soviet prince, in Star Wars: Destiny

is there any t1 combination for the good general?

The most popular build is Elite Grievous / Count Dooku. The upgrades are mostly blue force powers and Sith Holocron to build up Dooku for the end game. And the events are a mix of dice control and acceleration.

I got absolutely smashed by an eGrievous/eBala-Tik deck the other day in a 28 person tournament. Grievous would roll out huge damage and kill a character, steal a lightsaber, and Bala would reactivate. It was a huge swing in power (I was playing eRey/eQui-gon). I could tell you more but here's a link to the deck, the creator explains the build very well.

Here's the deck

I am so tempted by a young vader/grievous combo but at least as things sit now you are almost committing suicide not putting yellow in your deck. Yellow is currently crazy powerful and SOR hasn't been released yet but I can see yellow continuing dominance. FFG seems to have some weird hard on for making neutral factions too powerful and while Destiny crosses over in several areas I definately see Yellow as the most "scum-like".

In case you were wondering, here are all of the combinations for Elite Greivous.

eGeneral Greivous / Captain Phasma
eGeneral Greivous / Jango Fett
eGeneral Greivous / General Veers
eGeneral Greivous / Count Dooku
eGeneral Greivous / Jabba the Hutt
eGeneral Greivous / eBala-Tik
eGeneral Greivous / Kylo Ren
eGeneral Greivous / Tusken Raider
eGeneral Greivous / Nightsister
eGeneral Greivous / First Order Stormtrooper

Only two of these match damage type with Grievous (Count Dooku and Kylo Ren).

2 hours ago, CBowser said:

In case you were wondering, here are all of the combinations for Elite Greivous.

eGeneral Greivous / Captain Phasma
eGeneral Greivous / Jango Fett
eGeneral Greivous / General Veers
eGeneral Greivous / Count Dooku
eGeneral Greivous / Jabba the Hutt
eGeneral Greivous / eBala-Tik
eGeneral Greivous / Kylo Ren
eGeneral Greivous / Tusken Raider
eGeneral Greivous / Nightsister
eGeneral Greivous / First Order Stormtrooper

Only two of these match damage type with Grievous (Count Dooku and Kylo Ren).

Which explains why he isn't popular. I have a Hunch he will be a VERY big contender after next expansion. He needs a 12 point 2 die melee partner (a melee bala more or less) and once he gets that....watch the crap out. Not to mention awakening was way light on melee upgrades. He is my favorite character and I run him with jango and sometimes dooku And he wins ALOT. But with a better pairing and more control cards coming...he will hopefully be a top tier player

Edited by DarthBlade

One of the other issues with him is his ability which you pay for, only effects when you're already winning. It's takes a good situation and makes it better but it's hard to get to that good situation some time.

It seems similar to the boba fett crew card in xwing. A good ability but Not a game changer because by the time it takes effect, the game is already changed.

played Grevious/Bala in a 4 player game it was awesome till everyone realized it was awesome, then became a 3 on 1 game

2 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

played Grevious/Bala in a 4 player game it was awesome till everyone realized it was awesome, then became a 3 on 1 game

You get that first kill and the other 3 look at you like....nope...never again...lol