Race Ratings Scorecard

By Volbound1700, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Greetings,

I saw this utilize in Sports Forums and I saw another thread with the topic of which is the best race. I am going to put together a poll for fun. Please rank all of the races 1-`17 (Lazak not included) with your favorite race at #1. Scoring will be kept in the initial post and I will update accordingly. (I will post my vote in a reply).

1. Lizix
2. Barony of Letnev
3. Federation of Sol
4. Emirates of Hacan
5. Naalu
6. Arboric
7. Yssaril Tribes
8. Embers of Muuat
9. Nekko Virus
`10. Universities of Jol-Nar
11. Mentak Coalition
12. Yin Brotherhood
13. Clan of Saar
14. Sardaak Noor
15. Xxcha Kingdom
16. Winnu
17. Ghosts of Creuss

Note that I do not have Shattered Empire so I had to guess based on reading their abilities. I have found that nearly every race is competitive but I like the top 6-7 more.

Just to be clear, your looking for the order we enjoy them, not necessarily power level. Right?

On 2/10/2017 at 7:45 AM, Forgottenlore said:

Just to be clear, your looking for the order we enjoy them, not necessarily power level. Right?

Either option works. I would say order of power level.

Well, lets see here then...

I don't get to play all that often, and so I have never played AS every race, but I think I have at least seen all of them BEING played and this would be my order for most enjoyable to have in the game

01 - Arborec
02 - Ghosts of Creuss
03 - Federation of Sol
04 - Universities of Jol-Nar
05 - Embers of Muat
06 - Emirates of Hacan

07 - Yin Brotherhood
08 - L1z1x
09 - Winnu
10 - Mentak Coalition
11 - Sardaak Nor
12 - Xxcha Kingdom
13 - Barony of Letnev

14 - Yssaril Tribes
15 - Nekro Virus
`16 - Clan of Saar
17 - Naalu

The 3 groups are, in general, those that were a positive play experience, those who were neutral, and those that I felt actively detracted from my enjoyment of the game.

I thought about also doing a list of power level, but I honestly don't have enough experience with most of them to be a decent judge.

I love lists :)

Let's see now.

Order of Enjoyment

1 .Emirates of Hacan
2. Xxcha Kingdom
3. Nekro Virus
4 .Federation of Sol
5 .Naalu
6 .Universities of Jol-Nar
7 .Mentak Coalition
8 .Arborec
9. Ghosts of Creuss
10. Embers of Muat
11. Yin Brotherhood
12. L1z1x
13. Winnu
14. Sardaak Nor
15. Barony of Letnev
16. Yssaril Tribes
17. Clan of Saar

Order of Power is a bit tougher, I don't think I could create an accurate list given the wide range of variants possible through 3 expansions. Its very circumstantial. I think I could put them into like 4 Tiers, Tier 1 being the strongest and most likely to win and working down from there with Tier 4 being kind of the least likely to pull out a win politics, diplomacy and treachery not withstanding.

In my humble opinion at an experienced table the strongest races are typically the least likely to win largely because experiance players know who their really competition is at the start of the game and act accordingly out of the gate in those games. So I would adjust this list based on skill level of players and variants used, but if I had to make a very general list it might look something like this.

Tier 1

Emirates of Hacan
Yssaril Tribes
Naalu Collective

Tier 2

Nekro Virus
Universities of Jol-Nar
L1z1x
Winnu

Tier 3

Federation of Sol
Mentak Coalition
Arborec
Ghosts of Creuss
Embers of Muat
Yin Brotherhood
Barony of Letnev

Tier 4

Xxcha Kingdome
Sardaak Nor
Clan of Saar

So far, after ten games, here is the list based on the races who won more games.

Tier 1

Embers of Muaat (2/3)
Yssaril Tribes (1/2)
Winnus (1/2)
The Sardakk N’orr (1/2)

Tier 2
L1Z1X (2/5)
Naalu Collective (1/4)
Federation of Sol (1/4)
Xxcha Kingdom (1/1)

Tier 3

Universities of Jol-Nar (0/2)
Mentak Coalition (0/2)
Barony of Letnev (0/4)
Emirates of Hacan (0/5)

We have yet to play with Saar and Yin. I don't have the Shards of the Throne Expansion

Edited by ImmortelCésar
On 3/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, ImmortelCésar said:

So far, after ten games, here is the list based on the races who won more games.

Tier 1

Embers of Muaat (2/3)
Yssaril Tribes (1/2)
Winnus (1/2)
The Sardakk N’orr (1/2)

Tier 2
L1Z1X (2/5)
Naalu Collective (1/4)
Federation of Sol (1/4)
Xxcha Kingdom (1/1)

Tier 3

Universities of Jol-Nar (0/2)
Mentak Coalition (0/2)
Barony of Letnev (0/4)
Emirates of Hacan (0/5)

We have yet to play with Saar and Yin. I don't have the Shards of the Throne Expansion

Interesting. With mine, the Federation of Sol, Emirates of Hacan, and Barony of Letnev have done well. Federation due to extra CC and starting with XRD. In fact, anyone that starts with XRD Transporters does well. Emirates because of their high resource potentially.

Someone won with the Xxcha as well. Most of the time, it really depends on how the systems look around your home world and luck. I think it is balanced enough that you can win with about any of the races.