Importing things from 40k/DW into other games?

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch

I usually like hard SF to a degree. My like for 40k is an anomaly really. So I don';t find a lot in 40k i would export into oter sf games i like since it's way to sci fantasy. Sopme of the tropes in 40k, like power armor, bio engineered super soldiers, etc, are staples of hard sf.

I have thought about importing bolt guns into some other sf games. I like the variable warheads and such, so i may imjport them into some games.

I was loking for some solid information on bolters, like why they eject casings when they're solid fuel rockets, i've heard they are two stage gyrojets, so anyone have any heavy sources of tech data on them?

We already got proto bolters.

1.16: The Frag 12/ The only thing that diferentiates itself from a bolt round is that it aint self propelled.

Actual 40k bolt rounds are two step yes.

Standard Bolter Round

Bolter Ammunition (a bolt) is primarily a .75 calibre rocket-propelled round. Whereas conventional solid slugs utilise a propellant charge contained in a casing that forces the bullet down the barrel upon ignition, in contrast, a bolt is self-propelled; it features its own integrated solid fuel propellant that propels the bolt at high speeds, essentially acting like a miniature rocket. The propellant itself is shaped to control the bolt's direction and speed; however, this method of rocket propulsion would normally warp the barrel due to gas pressure. The Bolter uses an ingenious two-stage method to prevent this.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter