New Player's or Player's Coming back shout out

By TravisS, in A Game of Thrones LCG

I'm back. This is my third time around with this game.

I played the original Westeros edition through the Valyrian edition, then got out for a while. Got back in briefly right before the switch to the LCG format, and now I'm back again.

I'm working at game shop in Lexington, KY...so if anyone is in the area or passing through and wants to buy/play cards, let me know!

Another "back" player in Lexington. Briefly got really in to the CCG at a game store in Florence, and am really hoping we can get a scene going here in KY.

TravisS, I live in Buffalo, NY and play the game. Shoot me a message on aim (gistrationP) or gmail (vaux.saladin at gmail.com - another gaming account of mine). You're not far away and it would be interesting to get in touch with any Rochester players that exist. Just got into the game myself but have been looking for players.

Freakin' awesome game !!!

I'm a hardcore Magic: The Gathering player, national champion, multiple GP and Worlds appearances and I got my AGoT core set in June, trying to comfort myself over a bad Magic tournament. Been hooked since :) Got every chapter pack, trying to sponsor a whole group of players, doing well till now !

Glad to be part of Martin's world!

Btw, I'm from Macedonia! Shout out who knows where that is!!!

Peace!

trumpets said:

I´ve been in Skopje several times... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Masi said:

trumpets said:

I´ve been in Skopje several times... gui%C3%B1o.gif

I've been to Skopje once. Well, to be honest, I just travelled through.

I'm interested in playing the AGoT LCG. I own the books, which I thought were incredible, and I currently play a couple of online TCG's. Anyway, I live in Australia, which means I'll have to buy cards online, any advice or links on how to go about that would be greatly appreciated.

Gargoyle said:

I'm interested in playing the AGoT LCG. I own the books, which I thought were incredible, and I currently play a couple of online TCG's. Anyway, I live in Australia, which means I'll have to buy cards online, any advice or links on how to go about that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!

Can't answer your question, sorry. But a general word of advice: You might want to post in the appropriate subforum above instead of down here. Few people ever read here, and chances are your posts will be overlooked.

There's a thread going on in the general forum right now that contains advice for online shopping. You might want to re-post your question there.

Oh, and you should definitely get into this game, it's awesome. :)

Just thought it might be relevant because otherwise I can't get the cards. I've been looking into it and I'm liking the looks of the game, little bit like a card game I play, though it has classes rather than factions. Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll post on the other forum then.

Just recently had the chance to play this and I can't say enough good things about it.

Our little group of backstabbers and intrigue-mongers are really enjoying the game.

I'm going to have to pick it up for myself and see about what expansions to grab.

Back!

looking for a group in Boston/Eastern Mass

Played once or twice years ago. Been playing magic and the likes, tired of that kinda competitive environment. My buddy plays, handed me a clansmen deck and taught me again. Loved it. Played my first league night last night, my only win was a bye, but the players who I played against helped me learn and I had fun. Now I've got a House Lannister deck built and I'm working on a Targaryen for my girlfriend.
Guy who won League night is a 2-time world champ, taught me some things, gave me his facebook info if I need help. And also gave me some Lannister Power tokens. :D

Awesome game. Awesome community. Definitely attending the Valar Midwestous regional.

Fotonurth said:

Played once or twice years ago. Been playing magic and the likes, tired of that kinda competitive environment. My buddy plays, handed me a clansmen deck and taught me again. Loved it. Played my first league night last night, my only win was a bye, but the players who I played against helped me learn and I had fun. Now I've got a House Lannister deck built and I'm working on a Targaryen for my girlfriend.
Guy who won League night is a 2-time world champ, taught me some things, gave me his facebook info if I need help. And also gave me some Lannister Power tokens. :D

Awesome game. Awesome community. Definitely attending the Valar Midwestous regional.

Great to have you with us here in Springfield, MO! Can't wait to get some games in with you!

I am gonna play again. Dug out my old decks today, but nothing in them since before Valyrian Edition. Got some catching up to do, though I could probably use my old cards to make a deck of reprint-available cards, lol. What's the best way to start getting back into it, and can I still use my Gold Dragon promos? And if not, how do you get old promo cards, glass/wood power tokens, other goodies, etc. (if you still can)?

I'm new, though I've known about the game since it came out in the CCG format. Now sadly regretting not joining my friends, who were all into it at the time. Then again, I doubt I would have appreciated the books had I started reading them back then. I've done a lot of maturing these past ten years.

I've decided to begin the game with Houses Stark and/or Targaryen. Excited to learn the game more! The rules feel solid.

chaos28 said:

I am gonna play again. Dug out my old decks today, but nothing in them since before Valyrian Edition. Got some catching up to do, though I could probably use my old cards to make a deck of reprint-available cards, lol. What's the best way to start getting back into it, and can I still use my Gold Dragon promos? And if not, how do you get old promo cards, glass/wood power tokens, other goodies, etc. (if you still can)?

Sorry - no Dragon's anymore (too bad, I loved that). I can't think of any promos that were reprinted, but I could be wrong.

The Core Set is still the starting point, you can find those anywhere.

Good luck coming back into the fold!

New Player from Rochester NY

Got started playing the LCG due to the books and seeing the Fantasy Flight "How to Play" series on YouTube. Was waiting for a game to finish at my local LFGS and picked up a core set and just started to play with a buddy. Got hooked on the play elements and started teaching the game to some of my play group. Even got some hooked into the books!

My only issue is that I know there is an experienced group at my LFGS but I never have the time to meet up with them on a regular basis due to my work schedule, but I do have a newbie group that I try to play with every now and again. What I want to do is have a deck for each of the houses for my playgroup to use and then have my own deck to try out new things and just have fun (by winning!)
So for that, I have bought three copies of the core set, one of each of Lords of Winter, Kings of the Storm and Princes of the Sun. I also just recently picked up the Clash of Arms and Time of Ravens expansions.

Anyone have any good solid decks that can be built from these (CoreX3, LoW, KotS, PoS, CoA and ToR) for all six houses? Thank you in advance for helping me out here.

Thinking strongly about coming back to play. Living in Las Vegas now, if I can find a couple interested people there I will definitely be back. If I have to go to Socal for tournaments its more of a coin flip at this point.

I may be moving to LA in the next 1-6 months though, so its looking very likely. The lure of getting that first elusive Mathlete win is to tempting

Just wanted to let you know we have been playing Monday nights from 6 to 10 at millennium. I didn't know where to start with decks either. I went to GOT site and copied the 6 house decks from the contest they had. They are not perfect but are easy enough to build due to only needing starter deck stuff and one of the cycles worth of cards. Hope that helps

TravisS said:

Just wanted to let you know we have been playing Monday nights from 6 to 10 at millennium. I didn't know where to start with decks either. I went to GOT site and copied the 6 house decks from the contest they had. They are not perfect but are easy enough to build due to only needing starter deck stuff and one of the cycles worth of cards. Hope that helps

Mondays huh? Will have to try to make it out if possible. Didn't even think of looking though the contest decks and will look into that. Thanks!

des moines, ia, watched the first HBO show and started on the book immediately. now i'm 1/2 done with book 4, i've got to core set, and I'm trying to decide between getting the big $30 baratheon pack and the $30 stark pack.... probably going to get both. Plus, my wife fell in love with Dany and house Targ, so I've got to get that big pack... lol.

hopefully i can find enough people to play with to make this game worth it :P

Just outside of Tampa, FL!

Six weeks ago, I had no idea what A Game of Thrones was about - the books, the show, the game...anything. My wife decided to give the first episode of the show a try and went ga-ga over it. All I saw of it was the last scene...which was pretty breathtaking! Before the third episode aired, I watched the first and second and immediately fell in love with it. She had already started reading the first book by this point. After she had moved on to the second book, I started reading the first. Meanwhile, I was also shopping on a gaming site where I had a decent-sized credit sitting from Magic card sales (like several others here, I got tired of the competitive nature and expense - I've gone strictly casual with M:tG since). I noticed that there was a AGoT:LCG and mentioned it to my wife. Now, I have tried on MULTIPLE occasions to get her to play Magic, and she's caved in a few times, but I knew that she wasn't really feeling it. When she heard about THIS however, she said, "Oh, really? How much credit do you have there?" =) So after doing some math, I ordered the Core Set, three expansions (Queen of Dragons, King of the Storms, and Lords of Winter), and three chapter packs (War of the Five Kings, Ancient Enemies, and Sacred Bonds).

Our first game (my Lannister Core deck v. her Stark Core) was suspended due to time, but we picked up where we left off last night and she trounced me soundly! We immediately started another game, and I avenged myself nicely =) Now, it's time to tweak the Core decks...and get some clarifications on rules, which I plan to do here.

A WONDERFUL game that I'm glad we found! Now, FINALLY, a card game (other than Nuts!) that my wife will play! Thanks, Fantasy Flight! =)

And if anyone is in the Tampa area, I'd love to have some more people to play with...

Welcome to the game, Creature on the Loose, great to see the tv show is bringing new people to the game. If you have any rules questions, you'll get an answer on the forums here within the day, usually. Lookout for answers by ktom, he's the resident rule guru. And people are great about giving advice about the game in general, what chapter packs to get, etc. Anyhow, glad to see you're enjoying the game. And I do want to recommend the novels by George R.R. Martin that the tv show and the game are based on, really good stuff if you like intrigue-y kind of stuff with plenty of compelling characters.

Hello All,

Some of your old timers might remember me...but it appears that I have gotten an Itch to get back into this awesome game after a 3 year break. I took a break from the game because I didn't like the direction the game was going. The Melee to help determine the overall tournament winner was a big issue for me. I believe that you should win under your own merit, the head to head competition, not a gang beating just because you beat somebody earlier in the tourney. But this has been beaten to death and I will not pile on with my complaints with that. I missed the friends I have made playing this game. I love the series and the books, and it was the first Card game that really captured my enthuisasm. So I have decided to take up my favorite game again and return to playing. I know I won't be ready for a while as I catch up to the curve but I am looking forward to it.

~Oh and it was Rings, Mathlete and the Nick-ler's sexiness that were the main driving force that brought me back on top of the fact that people say Greyjoy suck.

I hope to see all the old faces again and some of the new faces.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.