IA Hunger Games

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Do you do both sides of the character or are they out once they are wounded. Also you could leave the cards of that person next to a coloured neutral token.

50 minutes ago, RogueLieutenant said:

I wonder if I should add a rule that says if someone dies, someone else can pick up their items in the space they died in. Or if dying just makes those items get discarded.

The only issue would be indicating which items were dropped in a space and remembering that.

You could place a token where that player was Defeated and allow players to interact with the token similarly to interacting with a terminal as you previously described. Instead of drawing a Supply card, they draw an Item card at random from the Defeated player's stash. It would signify someone running up to their body and quickly looting whatever they see, so they might not pick up the Item they really, really want.

Double post-erino

Edited by Smashotron
1 hour ago, RogueLieutenant said:

I wonder if I should add a rule that says if someone dies, someone else can pick up their items in the space they died in. Or if dying just makes those items get discarded.

The only issue would be indicating which items were dropped in a space and remembering that.

Use a crate, colored side up?

Yeah.

I'm jus thinking of eliminating all possibilities of confusion.

It would be pretty straight forward to drop a crate, colored side up, and then you can interract with it to take an item from the dead guy, but what if you've got multiple color side up crates?

It could get hard to remember which crate was from which fallen combatant.

Easiest way would be that each player would have a unique "i died here" token to clear that up, but I'd rather not need the scenario to introduce new tokens.

You could use the number tokens. Everyone gets a number- red numbers dropped where the bodies would be, blue numbers set to the side next to item piles.

For instance, if Biv gets killed, take his items and put them to the side. Let's say Biv's number is "7". Put the red seven where he died, and the blue seven on top of his item pile. You should probably always have enough tokens for this, regardless of which expansions and packs you have.

edit: And if, for whatever reason, you do run out, create another group who use the blacks as body markers and the purple as item markers. That'll double how many people you can account for. So, for instance, Biv can be the blue/red 7 and Shyla can be black/purple 7. But I honestly don't see that being an issue anyway.

Edited by subtrendy
16 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

You could use the number tokens. Everyone gets a number- red numbers dropped where the bodies would be, blue numbers set to the side next to item piles.

For instance, if Biv gets killed, take his items and put them to the side. Let's say Biv's number is "7". Put the red seven where he died, and the blue seven on top of his item pile. You should probably always have enough tokens for this, regardless of which expansions and packs you have.

edit: And if, for whatever reason, you do run out, create another group who use the blacks as body markers and the purple as item markers. That'll double how many people you can account for. So, for instance, Biv can be the blue/red 7 and Shyla can be black/purple 7. But I honestly don't see that being an issue anyway.

That sounds like a perfect solution. :D

2 hours ago, player1352367 said:

Do you do both sides of the character or are they out once they are wounded. Also you could leave the cards of that person next to a coloured neutral token.

Both sides. Wounded heroes running around seems fine.

Do we think being able to take the Rest action is too strong here?

I haven't played campaign in so long I totally forgot about that.

I think that it uses an action to do makes it fine, but it could possibly be an issue.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, RogueLieutenant said:

I think that it uses an action to do makes it fine, but it could possibly be an issue.

Thoughts?

If everyone can do it, I guess it's balanced. Just get ready for 6 hour games.

I would keep it but to regain strain only makes crates worth it. With the random effects would it be worth throwing in tests as some weaker heroes have good attributes which might make them worth taking. Think people will be fighting over Fenn and possible Verena.

15 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Thoughts?

I would say only one rest per turn. Lets you clear the strain you'll be accruing on your abilities.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy
12 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

It would be pretty straight forward to drop a crate, colored side up, and then you can interract with it to take an item from the dead guy, but what if you've got multiple color side up crates?

It could get hard to remember which crate was from which fallen combatant.

Easiest way would be that each player would have a unique "i died here" token to clear that up, but I'd rather not need the scenario to introduce new tokens.

Could you just leave the figure lying down in the space they died in? It's not the most elegant solution when someone then wants to be in that same space, but I think it'd probably work alright.

Does anyone have a good picture of the four player map from Jabba's Realm?

I'm looking at the 4 player map from Return to Hoth and having a hard time seeing good places for the Cornucopia that's not favoring the red and green deployment zones.

FourPlayer_01.jpg

Could just stack the crates on the busted turret.

Add deployment rules. Starting with person with initiative, deploy your figure in one of the deployment zones. You may not deploy your figure into a deployment zone that contains more figures than another zone.

Might be a little unbalanced, but hey, it's the hunger games. :P

Edited by RogueLieutenant

Another idea, so I can write rules that don't have to have a map image for setup:

After figures have deployed, starting with the player with initiative, players take turns placing the crates onto the map. You may not place a crate within 6 spaces of your figure.

Each player must place 2 Supply crates and 1 tier 3 item crate.

Supply crates must be placed in deployment zones. Tier 3 Item crates may not be placed in deployment zones.

The ratio of supply crates to item crates can be shifted, but the supply crates should be in the deployment zones.

Not sure if this bogs down setup, or adds another fun layer of strategy.

Ok everyone. I think I've locked down the rules.

It'll for sure need quite a bit of playtesting.

Imperial Assault Hunger Games v1.0

On 2/8/2017 at 0:04 PM, RogueLieutenant said:

You could just place a crate token in the square that person died in.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:12 PM, RogueLieutenant said:

Has anyone had the chance to play test this yet?

Someone on facebook tried it against himself and said it worked well, though the rate of XP gaining might need to be adjusted. I've been very busy and sick and haven't had a chance to give it a shot yet.

I was wondering if there has been any more work on this yet, or if the rules are fairly solid. I saw this at GenCon 2019 and it looked awesome but was a full event. I have a copy of the player aid that was given out but not the rules that the GM used. It was also 12 players on a huge map. Thanks in advance!

Have you guys checked out the guys from the london IACP regional used? It's on the Built on Hope podcast page, just a thought.

This sounds like so much fun! Wow. What a great idea. I like the idea of using Campaign figures in a skirmish like setting.