When Will We Get New Info On SoR???

By dpb1298, in Star Wars: Destiny

52 minutes ago, Mep said:

Because at this point SoR is printed, packaged and on the boat. It will only make sense for them to warehouse the product if they wish to push back the release date from April to June so they they can do another printing of SoR. I am not sure how that helps with the current situation.

Or,,,,, they can do another Awakening printing during this time, or even a mixed printing of both sets and have additional product moving starting in June. Then postpone the 3rd set until next year and go straight into a large print run for The Last Jedi in December. Either way I get the feeling they need to have a heart to heart with Lucas Films over this and gather info from their manufacture to figure out what is feasible. Good reasons why we just aren't hearing anything at all.

BTW Magic had a lot of these issues back in '94 and they kept printing new expansions. It was the right call then and it is the right call now.

I can tell that you didn't read the whole thread. Scroll up, please.

Also: SoR is still at the printer. Best not to give people false hope for a product that we're not likely to see until August.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

FFG's current plan is to have a set come out every 4 months. That places the release in April. Currently it is new years in China, so nothing is at the printer right now. So that boat has yet to sail but needs to soon if they are going to make their release date. They left themselves some wiggle room saying Q2, which isn't August, not even close. June would be a late release, although within the revised time line. Unless something happened to change the April release, like a ton of misprinted dice again, I don't see them postponing the April shipment. That is just too long without product.

I don't know what your experience is with FFG, but I've seen their ship dates routinely slide a quarter. That's not even factoring in all of the issues this particular game has had getting off the ground. So yeah, I'd say August is a very realistic timeframe for SoR, but lord knows I've been wrong before.

31 minutes ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I don't know what your experience is with FFG, but I've seen their ship dates routinely slide a quarter. That's not even factoring in all of the issues this particular game has had getting off the ground. So yeah, I'd say August is a very realistic timeframe for SoR, but lord knows I've been wrong before.

Agree with this. Ships tend to be 2-4 months off at times. Would expect nothing less for destiny, and nothing less for new products; look at current delays for proof.

5 hours ago, johnwiser said:

At this point in time most online stores have sold out of their pre-orders for Spirit of the Rebellion so anyone that thinks that future sets will be a hard sell...sorry, but that is not even remotely true. I understand that a lot of people are wanting Awakenings and have heard about how people will not buy in until more Awakenings is available but these pre-orders being sold out are telling me otherwise.

I am not the first nor will I be the last in saying that from the looks of things, FFG is moving forward with the production of Spirit of Rebellion and do not be at all surprised to see a late April release (nor be surprised to see a late June release as these things happen.). As well I see more Awakenings product being produced and available if not before Spirit of Rebellion then sometime after but before the third set. I say this only because there is talks that more could be coming at anytime.

Who does not wish they had more Awakenings? The stores wish to they did to sell, FFG does as the demand is high and us the gamers do to be able to play and enjoy this fun title. However these things happen and there is no way a company can make a call and have Awakenings on the boat tomorrow, not possible unless there is stock just sitting around ready to be shipped (and FFG is the only one who can answer to that and they are not talking.).

How many people pre-ordered the first set, Awakenings? Now ask yourself why you did not. I was one of those who did and came very close to canceling said pre-order after seeing played demo at Gen Con. It was not until I went to the prerelease of Destiny at which time I was more than happy to have pre-ordered what I did (and pre-orders started to sell out or at the very least stated to pick up...which is a understatement.).

Now look at Spirit of Rebellion, how many people pre-ordered a box/boxes of it? I do not have the numbers BUT it is sold out on most, if not all, of the online stores I go to. This tells me that Destiny has made a huge impact and people enjoy the game. While I agree that the short supply of Awakenings will turn some people off and away from the game, wait till it becomes readily available and see how many people enjoy it for what it is.

Way to much talk of doom and gloom for Destiny while I just do not see it nor do I see sells indicating such. Remember when we were told of how big box stores were to carry Destiny? Destiny did so well that there is none to send to big box stores and that should make gamers happy as this went straight to game stores. Game stores were happy but now that there is very little left and hard to get at this point they have mostly moved on and a lot will not even do tournaments stating they have no product to sell (however were more than happy to tell us about these tournaments when they had stock...hmmm, something doesn't sound right with that but that is for another day.).

I am going out on a limb here (joking) in saying that I believe Destiny will do just fine and we have had but a small sample of what is to come. While I am sorry to hear how some people have decided to drop out and move on, what game does not have this at some point in time? Truth be told I can see there being a time I say I have enough sets and I wish to carry on no further but until that time comes, I, like many others, will enjoy Destiny for what it is and look forward to many game ahead.

every single game I have played had not had this problem

New Spoilers up today in Team Covenants video

Darth Vader "Dark Apprentice" (4 damage side self harming vader, he hasn't tried for the high ground yet)

Obi Wan Kenobi "Mysterious Hermit" (on death free blue card)

Rise Again (5 Cost blue villain event that heals)

Carbonite Freezing Room (new battlefield which prevents dice being rolled in the next turn)

Anyone else see the front page article "Follow Your Destiny" and got excited that it might be Destiny news...?