A hint about the nature of the heroes expansion

By germ, in Battlelore

In the rulebook, on the bottom of page 4, it says:

A note about multi-player games: This Player's Guide introduces BattleLore primarily as a two-player (or two teams) game, with each side leading one of the two warring camps. While some components (cardholders, and the reverse side of game board for Epic Adventures) are designed to facilitate larger scale play, these additional capabilities are beyond the scope of this book and the core game. For additional details on multi-player play, please visit www.battlelore.com/epic and www.battlelore.com/heroes

Which means that the heroes expansion would be directly related to the multi-player aspect of Battlelore. I myself have always found it much more enjoyable to play one-on-one rather two or three on each side, since I'd rather have control over my whole army. I'm hoping the heroes expansion will somehow allow people to join in the game, without the commander having to share control of one or more flanks; that the heros will be able to maneuver independantly from the commander's orders.

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure I can gather any speculation from that brief paragraph you quoted. Couple of issues arise, one we have Epic rules and so we know what DoW's intention of multiplayer is with reluctant allies. Two, this rulebook and all the hints are dated from before the release of the game and fleshed out by DoW. They gave the molds and likely a lot of the playtest/design info for FFG to complete Heroes as DoW saw fit, but that doesn't mean that FFG will stay that course. I would think that anything written in any form from DoW is now subject to possible alteration or elimination.

That not withstanding, I like the idea you present with a possible introduction to a completely independent 3+ player game. Not sure how exactly that would play out but it would be interesting.

And although the http://www.battlelore.com/heroes page is still active, it has always only stated the fact that the expansion was to be released in 2007 (and then changed to 2008). Obviously that won't be the case and if we see it in 2009, I think some people will believe it when they actually see it in their local gaming store.

There was a hint in I believe in Feb 08 on the DoW blog page about some of what the Heroes expansion will be..as well as some pictures. But nothing that went into great depth about it.

Cab

sorry wrote on the wrong topic

lengua.gif