Poltergeist and Rolling stone in Sob

By Svarun2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Are those two Ol treachery cards ment to be removed from the Sob campaign aswell, like it said in Rtl errata (actually it said remove them from the advanced campaign ), but they are not mentioned in the Sob rulebook, though it came out a lot latter.

I asked the same question a few days ago (in this thread ), and the consensus was that these cards should not be removed for the SoB campaign.

yes thank you, i dont know how i missed it!

Should be pretty clear. The FAQ states that those cards are removed from the ADVANCED CAMPAIGN. Both RtL and SoB are advanced campaigns.

Hrm, interesting point. However I would have thought they would have put that in the SoB rulebook if they meant it for both types of campaigns...

-shnar

I would have to agree with shnar, because at the time that FAQ was out there was no Sob, well maybe they overlooked that, but since they removed the skill cards and treasure cards and no OL cards... i would assume that it was on purpose, due to some other rebalance mechanisms.

I dont want to disagree because I am a jerk, but you have to look at other things besides just the other cards that were removed. Rolling stone and Poltergeist were removed because they were just too powerful in the dungeon levels, and since SoB does not have outdoor encounters, they are are still viable in said dungeons.

On page 2 of the SoB rule book, it states that SoB is an advanced campaign.

Thank you for purchasing this advanced campaign expansion
for Descent: Journeys in the Dark. Like Descent: Road to
Legend, The Sea of Blood includes new game components,
new rules, and dozens of new maps for your heroes to explore.
This expansion focuses almost entirely on the Advanced
Campaign
, where heroes will explore new lands, delve into
multiple dungeons, and fight multitudes of evil. In this variant,
players create heroes and follow them throughout their entire
careers, keeping their skills and equipment from one dungeon
to the next.

Regardless of when the FAQ was printed, it still has rules for the advanced campaign. Like the rules for glyphs for example. I firmly believe that that the FAQ will support some rules in SoB...including the removal of Rolling Stone and Poltergeist.

Jonny WS said:

I dont want to disagree because I am a jerk, but you have to look at other things besides just the other cards that were removed. Rolling stone and Poltergeist were removed because they were just too powerful in the dungeon levels, and since SoB does not have outdoor encounters, they are are still viable in said dungeons.

On page 2 of the SoB rule book, it states that SoB is an advanced campaign.

Thank you for purchasing this advanced campaign expansion
for Descent: Journeys in the Dark. Like Descent: Road to
Legend, The Sea of Blood includes new game components,
new rules, and dozens of new maps for your heroes to explore.
This expansion focuses almost entirely on the Advanced
Campaign
, where heroes will explore new lands, delve into
multiple dungeons, and fight multitudes of evil. In this variant,
players create heroes and follow them throughout their entire
careers, keeping their skills and equipment from one dungeon
to the next.

Regardless of when the FAQ was printed, it still has rules for the advanced campaign. Like the rules for glyphs for example. I firmly believe that that the FAQ will support some rules in SoB...including the removal of Rolling Stone and Poltergeist.

+1

I'm still no the fence for two reasons:

- When the FAQ was created, the Advanced Campaign *meant* Road To Legend, they were one and the same.
- Some of the FAQ rulings were explicitly reprinted in the SoB rulebook, some where not.

That makes me wonder if the authors of the FAQ were saying "Advanced Campaign" when really they meant "Road To Legend". However, having said that, I have no problem saying the ruling sticks for SoB, I would just like additional clarification.

-shnar

Knowing FFG, they probably forgot to add it to the rulebook of Sea of Blood. Until otherwise stated, I will not add them back in.

got to say i added them back in and if they come out we will see if they are balanced then.

wblackthorn

I'm not convinced that they should be allowed as the basic reasons for them to be removed are still there. For Poltergeist, the dungeons are still small and being able to move all of the figures is still powerful. In fact, given the right situation, I could see using Poltergeist to throw heroes off their ship, especially as they man the cannons. Also, several of the levels now have doors which will make the card more useful. As for the Boulder trap, with all the dead end hallways it's still an almost guaranteed TPK in the right situation.