We Have Alt Art Cards, What About Alt Sculpt Minis

By mlbrogueone, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

With the release of Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight, I was thinking about how we might not see a release Of Luke with the Empire Strikes Back outfit.

Which led to realizing we might not see A New Hope or Endor Leia.

We have alt art cards, as prizes at tournaments, as well as acrylic tokens and dice. What if they issued an alt sculpt miniature as a prize instead of dice or acrylic tokens? Like an Empire Strikes Back Luke card for top 64 with an Empire Strikes Back Luke mini for top 8 or something?

It would be neat if they sold them too, but I'm not sure if they'd want to run two versions of the same unit with alternate scuplts/card pictures.

Edited by mlbrogueone

I'm pretty sure all of the organize play stuff in printed in-house. (If you notice the alt cards have a slightly different material than the regular stuff).

Getting acrylic stuff made and printing cards is one thing, but sculpting would be a whole 'nutha level.

Getting their 3D modelers to work on something only a handful of people would get probably wouldn't be worth the resources, as well as I assume they don't have injection molding factories in-house and would need to get those done at their overseas factories, which probably require a minimum order, which would defeat the purpose of a limited sculpt.

I don't see that as a very likely thing. Although it would be one of the coolest prizes yet.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:07 AM, RogueLieutenant said:

I'm pretty sure all of the organize play stuff in printed in-house. (If you notice the alt cards have a slightly different material than the regular stuff).

Getting acrylic stuff made and printing cards is one thing, but sculpting would be a whole 'nutha level.

Getting their 3D modelers to work on something only a handful of people would get probably wouldn't be worth the resources, as well as I assume they don't have injection molding factories in-house and would need to get those done at their overseas factories, which probably require a minimum order, which would defeat the purpose of a limited sculpt.

I don't see that as a very likely thing. Although it would be one of the coolest prizes yet.

maybe a 3D print file.

This is a great Idea! Players need something to be really excited about and the damage counter dial just isn't doing it for anyone! I could see the alt sculpts being a really great prize and very sought after which would encourage stores to buy more kits and host more events.

I could see them doing some of the tokens, like a junk droid. Though the point that they aren't worth the price FFG will have to pay is a good one. Still they do acrylic tokens and point counters and dice, so you never know.

The model itself for the figures has to be recognized as the model as per game rules. A special model of a standard figure probably wouldn't fly due to the rules.