Few basic rules questions

By Dribs, in Star Wars: Destiny

1. General Grievous' Action states "Before an opponent’s character is defeated, you may move one of their non-ability upgrades to this character."
Does General Grievous have to be the one to defeat the character to trigger this or can any scenario in which an opponent's character is defeated trigger it?

2. I forget the specific card, having only play 4 games, but an Event let's you force an opponent to discard cards equal to a number shown on x type of dice. If that dice has already been actioned and returned to the relevant card, does it still have a value/number? And thus be used for that Event?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'll have some more after I play another few games.

#1 - No, it just triggers because an opponent's character is defeated

#2 - X is only on Hangar Bay now. X is equal to number of cards owner of the hangar bay has. You can manipulate dice in pool only, so if it's not there you can't use it.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:27 PM, Dribs said:

2. I forget the specific card, having only play 4 games, but an Event let's you force an opponent to discard cards equal to a number shown on x type of dice. If that dice has already been actioned and returned to the relevant card, does it still have a value/number? And thus be used for that Event?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'll have some more after I play another few games.

If you are talking about Close Quarters Assualt, they have to be in your dice pool (not used or un-rolled).

Edited by Hida77
47 minutes ago, NetCop said:

#2 - X is only on Hangar Bay now. X is equal to number of cards owner of the hangar bay has. You can manipulate dice in pool only, so if it's not there you can't use it.

Launch Bay, but I think he was referring to Close Quarters Assault.