Starter Decks for SoR

By scrozzers, in Star Wars: Destiny

Is there any announcement or speculation about whether the SoR expansion will be released with starter decks or another type of prebuilt deck? I haven't been able to find anything so for so I suspect the answer is we don't know at the moment.

The only reason I ask is that I have a few friends that are really enjoying the game but can't commit to the whole collectible side of things as it does get expensive and don't have the money to pour into it. I would love to see some more pre built or starter decks that they could buy individually to keep them playing, kind of like the former event decks or currently Planeswalker decks in MTG.

I could see something like a Jyn Erso and a Director Krennic decks following in the same suit as the Kylo and Rey decks did and be played competitively against each other. I really hope there is something else released other than boosters to keep them interested.

I think they've said there will only be one starter set per year. While technically the Rey and Kylo ones came out last year, I don't think we'll see another one until the 3rd or more likely the 4th set.

Yes... only one starter a year... I appreciate that as i hate that there have been some items only in starter-pack last time and others not... so I had to buy two of each starter to get mind probe and force throw twice...

If you don't have the money for a CCG, you should learn to trade well... ;)

Gah, gutted to hear that but thank you both for your replies. I hope they change this policy and start to release other pre built decks in some sort of format for the non collectors to pick up and play and to make it affordable and open to more players.

Better swapping is definitely in order, but they would still need to buy until they had swaps and then swap those swaps at a much higher ratio than 1:1 get even remotely close to a full set of 2 of everything except uniques, but I appreciate where your coming from. :)

I like what Magic does and what Dicemaster has started doing by including themed material in non-randomized products. It wouldn't take much to put out new decks with major characters, like Vader and Han that are not as powerful as their Lengendary counterparts, but could still give people a chance to have them represented in their collections. Once per year may not be enough for that.

Scrozzer's that is actually a brilliant idea that had never occured to me. Like a mtg duels set, a light and darkside complete deck included. You would need to squash poachers first though and that is impossible. What would happen is a continued shortage and asshats putting them on ebay for 300% standard msrp. Great idea though and needs to happen if this game is going to succeed. A starter is not a complete deck so complete decks would at least let people play right out of the box and you could buy packs to tweek not complete a finished product.

Slight tangent along the lines of starters. While I can understand why starters would be nice each time, I was a bit frustrated that you only could get one copy of a card like Mind Probe and Force Throw and had to get two copies of each starter to complete your set. I would hope that changes with the next round and am kind of glad you don't have to get two more (or four) with every new set.

I had to buy two of each for the same reason. When it comes to finding ways to take our monies, FFG lacks no creativity. But hey, I have 4 light sabers now!

Wizkids is notorious for this buy 2 for 1 crap. All of them need to knock it the **** off. Threw away a whole Dr. Strange set just because I needed the dice but the cards were garbage without dice. Ironman War Machine is even worse as I'll get to throw away 2 sets of sidekicks and action dice along with the characters for double the price. Sorry for the tangent but wizkids has really been pissing me off lately.

Edited by LordFajubi