Rules Question: Claiming shields

By Guest, in Star Wars: Destiny

Quick rules question, I have friend who disagrees with me so I've come here to settle it.

When a character die or an upgrade card attached to that character resolves a shield roll, can that shield be given to another character or just to the one that the die belongs to or has that upgrade attached to?

A rolled die doesn't really belong to anyone but is in your die pool instead. You can give shields out however you wish.

Just now, theChony said:

A rolled die doesn't really belong to anyone but is in your die pool instead. You can give shields out however you wish.

It does belong to a character, actually, but you're right about the shields. They can be assigned to any character, though a single die cannot be split.

Ok thanks guys appreciate it!

I'm really struggling with this topic. To me, the upgrade is on the character and unless otherwise stated it doesn't make much sense to be able to just use them on any character. Why bother writing things on upgrades that specifically state you can give shields to anyone, Luke's saber for example, if you could do it already.

01041.jpg

01041.jpg

7 minutes ago, Guest Bramblesnap said:

I'm really struggling with this topic. To me, the upgrade is on the character and unless otherwise stated it doesn't make much sense to be able to just use them on any character. Why bother writing things on upgrades that specifically state you can give shields to anyone, Luke's saber for example, if you could do it already.

01041.jpg

01041.jpg

I think in this case "Luke's Lightsaber" the text is the difference. If the text read Give this character 2 shields" then it would only apply to the character it's attached to BUT the text is "give a character two shields" meaning any character you control.

From the rules reference guide page 9.

When resolving multiple dice in the same action, each die can give shields to a different character

If it is a die or an event, any character. If it is something like Hunker Down or a character ability like Han Solo's, it is that character. Read the cards and follow the instructions. It can get confusing since it isn't consistent depending on the card or effect.

9 minutes ago, VytautasP said:

From the rules reference guide page 9.

Thank you. I was unsuccessfully looking for that. OK then. Time to change how I play E Qui Gon. Appreciate the lessons folks.