First deck advice

By Nickel, in Star Wars: Destiny

This is the first deck I've built without assistance, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm on the right track. Lots of rerolls and extra actions seemed like a good way play an aggro deck.

Jango Fett
2x First Order Stormtrooper

x1 Cunning
x2 DH-17 Blaster Pistol
x2 F-11D Rifle
x1 Infantry Grenades
x1 On the Hunt
x1 Thermal Detonator

x1 AT-ST
x1 Backup Muscle
x1 First Order TIE Fighter
x1 Outpost

x1 Aim
x2 Block
x2 Dodge
x2 Electroshock
x1 Fight Dirty
x1 Go for the Kill
x1 Logistics
x2 Lying in Wait
x2 Squad Tactics
x2 Tactical Mastery
x2 Unpredictable

21 hours ago, Nickel said:

This is the first deck I've built without assistance, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm on the right track. Lots of rerolls and extra actions seemed like a good way play an aggro deck.

Jango Fett
2x First Order Stormtrooper

x1 Cunning
x2 DH-17 Blaster Pistol
x2 F-11D Rifle
x1 Infantry Grenades
x1 On the Hunt
x1 Thermal Detonator

x1 AT-ST
x1 Backup Muscle
x1 First Order TIE Fighter
x1 Outpost

x1 Aim
x2 Block
x2 Dodge
x2 Electroshock
x1 Fight Dirty
x1 Go for the Kill
x1 Logistics
x2 Lying in Wait
x2 Squad Tactics
x2 Tactical Mastery
x2 Unpredictable

without looking at other Deck Builds online, you need more upgrade dice. Agro decks rely on Guns, Lots of Guns. You are going to want Hold Out Blaster x2 and (albeit not a gun, Jetpack x2). First Order TIE, IMO, is horrible without the 'firepower' event, and I'm not sure you will ever be able to afford AT-ST in this deck without 'drudge work'. A better support would be 'Black Market', where you can fish for cards and play them at a discount. I would also run 2x backup muscle. I don't believe block is as important as dodge here, as usually you do not see melee damage stacking up like the ranged damage does in Jango/Veers. And usually, you can control the melee dice easier, because there is generally less of them compared to ranged dice. You are also going to want to run 'Flank', since you are running three characters. It is one of the best removal cards in the game. I would also run one 'Endless Ranks'. That card can be a game winner in many situations. Also, Confiscation is a sneaky card that can deal with holocron for free, for a turn. just wait until the opponent activates all their characters and play it.

TL:DR: You are on the right track, but you need more upgrade dice, cheaper supports, and better removal.

Edited by alleyman