Deck building questions

By taylorcowbell, in Star Wars: Destiny

Hey All, I just had a few questions that have come up regarding deck building that I cant seem to find answers for in the rules reference. Ive been looking through a variety of card checklists that dont really help either.

1) Non-unique characters: The rules dont state a limit on the amount of these. Does that mean I could run 4 first order storm troopers (7*4=28)? The checklists ive seen seem to make it look like I can only have 2 non-uniques. I know I can only have 2 of a copy of a card in my deck, but characters dont go in my deck.

2) Unique upgrades: Again, checklists make it seem like I only need 1 of these (for the dice), but would I not be able to run two in my deck to better find it/incase the first one gets removed somehow?

Thanks for your help

Taylor

No limit on non-unique characters.

You can run two but can only have one out at a time.

Ok, so, assuming im a completionist (which I am), If I wanted a COMPLETE collection (basically the ability to put lterally anything in a deck regardless of how bad it is, I would need 1x every battlefield, 2x every other card EXCEPT the non-unique characters, of which I would need 3 or 4. Does that sound right? Trying to make a checklist, and I have a problem haha.

Heh. That problem is pretty common 'round here. Yes, that's correct.

If you're ignoring how bad it is. For instance, a deck of 3 Padawans comes to 24 points -- too high to add any more characters, but too low to feel effective. You'd probably be better of with 2 Padawans and upgrading to the third to Rey or Qui-Gon. So for the non-uniques aside from the FO Trooper, I'm keeping 2 of each and trading the rest.

Edited by jme

Ok, so, assuming im a completionist (which I am), If I wanted a COMPLETE collection (basically the ability to put lterally anything in a deck regardless of how bad it is, I would need 1x every battlefield, 2x every other card EXCEPT the non-unique characters, of which I would need 3 or 4. Does that sound right? Trying to make a checklist, and I have a problem haha.

You need to think a little more completely! Its nice to carry to different decks into the FLGS so you can compete against multiple different opponent desk, so 4 of everything. I guess you could only do 2 of each character if you restrict yourself to 1 Hero deck and 1 Villain deck :D

Edited by Andym