Question on Disarm

By darthmarch, in Star Wars: Destiny

I just did a quick search and didn't find an answer. With the Disarm card, I spend 1 resource to play it and then can remove one of my dice showing damage to discard a weapon or equipment from play that costs equal to or less than the value of the die.

Is that discarded weapon completely removed from the game and sent to the discard pile or does it go back in my opponents hand and or deck?

I guess while I am asking on this card i will ask a follow up, when i remove a damage dice it has to be an actual damage die it can't be a +1/+2 modifier correct?

1. It's discarded

2. Damage sides are damage sides, regardless of them being modifiers or normal

cool thanks

Keep at least one in your deck. They are the best way to get rid of the Sith Holocron. I'll even hold on to it a few rounds. Nothing as satisfying as removing a Holocron seconds after it's played. The look on your opponents face is worth it.

Edited by ozmodon

I am still not sold on this card

Keep at least one in your deck. They are the best way to get rid of the Sith Holocron. I'll even hold on to it a few rounds. Nothing as satisfying as removing a Holocron seconds after it's played. The look on your opponents face is worth it.

I think your mistaking your opponets look. He took 1 turn and 0 resources to play holocron. You spent 1 resource, a card, AND a damage die to remove his 0 cost card? That's a win all day for him...ALL DAY...not to mention he likely has a second in his deck anyhow. Not sure that's a great trade at all.

I think your mistaking your opponets look. He took 1 turn and 0 resources to play holocron. You spent 1 resource, a card, AND a damage die to remove his 0 cost card? That's a win all day for him...ALL DAY...not to mention he likely has a second in his deck anyhow. Not sure that's a great trade at all.

Normally, I'd agree, but frequently that opponent is relying on the Holocron to play cards he wouldn't otherwise be able to play. Losing a Holocron from my eJabba/Vader deck means that I can no longer teach Jabba to use the Force. I have Mind Probe, Force Throw and Immobilize. None of them can be attached to Jabba without a Holocron. Disarm is insanely frustrating when used against a Holocron.

It's not great just effective with what we have to work with.

It's not great just effective with what we have to work with.

Yeah I agree there's not many great options. Scout is a great option. If your running hero you may consider it as well.

Edited by DarthBlade