Anyone else disappointed with Chirrut's game text?

By AeroEng42, in Star Wars: Destiny

Makes perfect sense to me, it seems like he is a man who tried very hard to be able to use the Force but with only limited success even though he devouted huge amounts to it.

No matter how much he tries, he just can't use force abilities. Pretty **** thematic if you ask me.

If I can put a jetpack on jabba and imagine it making sense ...I think I'll be OK with Chirrut.

Hutts gotta fly somehow.

If I can put a jetpack on jabba and imagine it making sense ...I think I'll be OK with Chirrut.

Jabba actually hires someone to use every weapon you put on him. It's in his "armory", and you are actually rolling an all blank character 'die' that is invisible named "Jabba's lacky" when you roll any weapon attached to Jabba.

Jabba actually hires someone to use every weapon you put on him. It's in his "armory", and you are actually rolling an all blank character 'die' that is invisible named "Jabba's lacky" when you roll any weapon attached to Jabba.

What?!?! You mean to tell me they don't sell XXXXXXL jetpacks for Hutts?

I only wish he was slightly cheaper, so that it would be more tempting to put him non-elite into certain decks just for the blue events. Still, 12 is pretty good, but it'll probably be more Chirrut + One rather than Chirrut as a support piece for a team. Personally, I think his ability is great, and I like the utility of his die.

He has 4 damage sides. That is very good. 12 seems reasonable to me with the drawback balanced by the perk. Lets hope Hero blue gets some deck- and dice manipulation that´s better than the awkward Force Misdirection and similar to Pulling the Strings.

Lets hope Hero blue gets some deck- and dice manipulation that´s better than the awkward Force Misdirection and similar to Pulling the Strings.

See, I quite like force misdirection in my luke rey deck. Does wonders to avoid melee damage and then with a pair of deflects and a dodge, I can avoid a decent amount of ranged damage usually. Having a pair of force throws can give the misdirection a ranged as well sometimes.

It´s just that. Situational cards are awkward imo. When you have Misdirection in hand and meet Jango Veers it´s bad. Just as it´s bad to meet Vader Raider with Deflect in hand. Meanwhile Sith have Feel your Anger and Isolation.

I think it's fair to say that blue have the better force cards - although feel your anger is reliant on blanks.

But willpower is probably my favourite card in the game at the moment.

I was surprised that Chirruts restriction was all Blue Ability upgrades, was expecting "You cannot attach Blue Character Only Ability upgrades to this character". This is still restrictive but only as restrictive as any non-blue character.

Furelli

I was surprised that Chirruts restriction was all Blue Ability upgrades, was expecting "You cannot attach Blue Character Only Ability upgrades to this character". This is still restrictive but only as restrictive as any non-blue character.

Furelli

Exactly! That's what I thought would be better because it would prevent him from having the overt Force powers while still giving him access to the Blue abilities that other non-Force-sensitive can use.

I only wish he was slightly cheaper, so that it would be more tempting to put him non-elite into certain decks just for the blue events. Still, 12 is pretty good, but it'll probably be more Chirrut + One rather than Chirrut as a support piece for a team. Personally, I think his ability is great, and I like the utility of his die.

He has 4 damage sides. That is very good. 12 seems reasonable to me with the drawback balanced by the perk. Lets hope Hero blue gets some deck- and dice manipulation that´s better than the awkward Force Misdirection and similar to Pulling the Strings.

His four damage sides make Force Misdirection so good, especially if running him elite where you have a good chance of getting both ranged and melee.

It´s just that. Situational cards are awkward imo. When you have Misdirection in hand and meet Jango Veers it´s bad. Just as it´s bad to meet Vader Raider with Deflect in hand. Meanwhile Sith have Feel your Anger and Isolation.

Personally, I have Force Misdirection very useful against my buddy's Jango-Veers deck. I have used it to remove ranged damage by spotting a blue range die from Force Training, One with the Force, and Force Throw. I have also used it to remove his dice before he could reroll by spotting shields and resources. The ability to remove all dice of a particular type for 1 resource is huge!

Sith Holocron allows you to ignore play restrictions so chirrut's text doesn't affect that. Plus that's a villain

Even if he could use it, the Holocron doesn't let you bypass his game text. Play Restrictions are things like "Blue character only." Chirrut's text is an ongoing ability that keeps you from ever putting a blue ability on him.

I think Chirrut is better than we realize. I'm imagining him in a ranged aggro deck (or melee deck, same principle). Attach gun upgrades as normal. Activate Chirrut as your last character, giving him the option to re-roll all of your blanks. Given that most dice have a single facing with a blank, that means that 97.2% of the time, any given die will show something other than a blank. It's entirely possible you might go through a whole game without seeing a single blank after Chirrut's ability activates.

Again, I'm assuming a die with one blank facing. Let's look at Holdout Blaster. It has 3 out of 6 facings with ranged damage. That's normally a 50% chance to get ranged damage. Chirrut effectively increases the chance for each non-blank facing to appear by ~2.8%. So, for the Holdout Blaster, each of those 3 facings is ~2.8% more likely to occur. While a normal character has a 50% chance of rolling damage with a Holdout Blaster, Chirrut and and already activated characters have a ~58.3% chance (50% + ~2.8% for facing 1 + ~2.8% for facing 2 + ~2.8% for facing 3). ~58.3% of the time you'd roll damage, ~2.8% of the time you'd roll blank and ~38.9% of the time you'd get non-damage, non-blank. So, 58.3/2.8/38.9 versus 50/16.7/33.3.

I think it's actually a really good representation for how the Force impacts non Force users. Chirrut improves your dice rolling "luck" by making non blank results more likely.

Is it confirmed he let's you re-roll all blanks when he activates?

Is it confirmed he let's you re-roll all blanks when he activates?

I can't read the Polish text, but my understanding is that this is what it says.