Emperor's Throne Room

By facie, in Star Wars: Destiny

The Battlefield says "Claim: Turn one of your dice to a side showing a special ability. Then you may resolve that die." If one claims the battlefield and the only dice are exhausted and on previously activated cards, can you still trigger the claim and turn an exhausted die to a special ability and then resolve it ? I'm inclined to say one cannot because although you can fulfill the first part of the claim "turning the die," you cannot resolve a die that has been previously resolved and now sits on an exhausted character.

I looked for some clarification on the web and didn't see this precise question.

Thanks.

You can't resolve a die that has been exhausted in the same round.

You can only resolve a die that is in your dice pool.

I looked for some clarification on the web and didn't see this precise question.

Thanks.

Because, tbh, it's a non question. You can't manipulate or resolve dice which are not in the pool.

Thanks.

Because, tbh, it's a non question. You can't manipulate or resolve dice which are not in the pool.

Agree, but the group argued about card's second sentence. Because it says "Then you may resolve that die" there was an argument of whether that specific sentence trumped the general rule you all cite (because of the overall rule that card specific rules trump general rules). Thanks everyone!

The rule you are looking for is in the RRG, pg 10:

DICE ON CARDS

When dice are not in a dice pool, they are placed on their matching card.

• These dice are not active, cannot be manipulated, and none of their sides are considered to be showing.

If the die is not in your Dice Pool, you cannot manipulate it with Emperor's Throne Room.