Merging 2 Rey starter packs

By Chimpy, in Star Wars: Destiny

I have a Rey/Finn starter pack and am planning on buying a second. I thought I might be able to merge the two to make a slightly better deck. Can anyone advise on what cards to add and remove in this case? I guess Lightsabre and Force Throw goes without saying to add, but I am unsure which cards have little value and could be taken out.

There should be some deck builds online. I played a tournament last night with Finn/Rey to a 0-5 record, but then again...no access to boosters. I don't know the direct link. I hope someone on here does and can set you up. Or google search EFinn/ERey

A gentleman on the YouTubes made a pretty cool video on doing just that.

I'd like that Rey card....

I'd like that Rey card....

It was the promo given out at the pre-launch event. So while you won't get it as a promo anymore, you may find someone willing to part with it.

I could also use assassins.....

I could also use assassins.....

I don't think those were handed out at any event.

nah. But if they can "acquire" the card.... LOL

I had a lot of fun with just a single Rey starter, subbing one of Rey's dice for a Padawan. It has better damage output, a focus face, and synergizes well with the upgrade theme. Add in a couple of cheap rares (I really like Force Training) and flesh it out with some commons/uncommons and you're good to go.

I think if you want to start by blending 2 Rey starters you end up with 40 cards in the deck (excluding character cards and battlefield), I would suggest removing these 10 cards:

2 Awakenings (as you can't play all 4)

2 let the Wookie win

2 close quarters assault

1 heroism

1 daring escape

1 block

1 dodge

Should leave you with a fairly good deck culling some of the more costly resource cards.

Good luck and have fun, you will no doubt want to crack some packs and further enhance your deck :)

Hmmm...I was wondering if he might be better off with getting another Kylo's starter to get a Mind Probe (more asking for the OP than being sure myself). Rey's Deck has Force Throw, too, though and getting a second deck does give you access to a second die for Finn. Is there one that leaves more options for play?

Edited by AlexW

I think if you want to start by blending 2 Rey starters you end up with 40 cards in the deck (excluding character cards and battlefield), I would suggest removing these 10 cards:

2 Awakenings (as you can't play all 4)

2 let the Wookie win

2 close quarters assault

1 heroism

1 daring escape

1 block

1 dodge

Should leave you with a fairly good deck culling some of the more costly resource cards.

Good luck and have fun, you will no doubt want to crack some packs and further enhance your deck :)

Thanks this is just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately there are no booster packs in the UK and no sign of any more coming!