Resolving Crime Lord

By mogayht, in Star Wars: Destiny

Crime Lord its a big card, big in your special and price, so my question is: We can resolve the Crime Lord special, which has a resource cost, using Rebel War Room ?

Normally, resource cost are explicit in dice face, in this case not, that's why my doubt.

post-302261-0-20513700-1484566667_thumb.jpg

post-302261-0-86404900-1484566670_thumb.jpg

The 5 resoruces you need to spend for the special of crime lord is not a resource cost instead it is a card effect. Therfore you have to pay the 5 resources even when you resolve the crime lord special via rebel war room.

As above. No dice I'm afraid.

Your better off using Emperors Throne Room and saving 5 resources. Claim to turn your die to special and resolve. Saves a lot of trouble of rolling the special.

Your better off using Emperors Throne Room and saving 5 resources. Claim to turn your die to special and resolve. Saves a lot of trouble of rolling the special.

You'd still have to pay the 5 resources.

Edited by netherspirit

You'd still have to pay the 5 resources.

I think he means saving up five resources to then trigger from Throne Room.

I always kill Jabba as fast as I can...

But I still have the question, I cant resolve this die without pay the resource, the text say: "Spend 5 resources to choose a character..." , they not say " You may spend..." , I understand this like resource cost to resolve this dice, even they dont have a symbol in die. The Rebel War card say: "Resolve one of your dice. If it have a resource cost..." , so they do not say about resource symbol, just resource cost, and this special has a resource cost, the dice face of special has this cost, withou this you cant resolve the dice like others dice with resource cost.

So the doubt continues, some better or more official explanation?

thanks for all.

These were already the better and more official explanations.

The resource cost symbols on the dice are resource costs. Card text are conditions and therfore not effected by the Rebel War Room card effect.

In the rule references on page 8 dice costs are defined as followed:

COST
Some dice have a cost, listed in a yellow box at the bottom of
the side. A player must spend resources equal to the cost of
the die side in order to resolve it. If they cannot pay the cost,
they cannot resolve that die’s side.

The resource cost is indicated on the dice. There is no resource cost to resolve the crime lord.

When you resolve the special, you THEN spend five resources. The resource are part of the effect when you resolve it, not a cost to resolve

Rebel war room would let you use the 3 disrupt side if you didn't have the resources. But that is it's only interaction with crime lord.

Spending the 5 resources is part of the effect, so it doesn't get the Rebel War Room reduction. Consider the following two cases:

1) You roll [special] on Crime Lord, and you have 3 resources. You resolve [special]s as your next action. You are able to resolve your Crime Lord die since it does not have a resource cost. However, it does nothing since you are unable to spend 5 resources.

2) You roll [3 Disrupt] on Crime Lord, and you have 0 resources. You cannot resolve your Crime Lord die since you cannot pay its 1 resource cost.

Rebel War Room does apply to scenario 2 but not scenario 1.

These were already the better and more official explanations.

The resource cost symbols on the dice are resource costs. Card text are conditions and therfore not effected by the Rebel War Room card effect.

In the rule references on page 8 dice costs are defined as followed:

COST

Some dice have a cost, listed in a yellow box at the bottom of

the side. A player must spend resources equal to the cost of

the die side in order to resolve it. If they cannot pay the cost,

they cannot resolve that die’s side.

I think that's the best explanation ever. He had not paid attention to the text that says "in a yellow box at the bottom ..." of the manual.
Doubt answered and Let's Rock,
Thanks for all