Can someone explain the math of Agrabah Level 3?

By joeyman3, in Rules Discussions

Can someone explain how these double magic worlds work? In Agrabah level 3, if I play one magic card that does 4 damage, does it do eight? If I play two that do four damage, do they do 24? If I play three that do 4, do they do 48?

If you have an Agrabah lvl3 out and play a "Fire" card, it will do 8 damage. Then, if you play another "Fire" card, it will do another 8 damage (hence 16 if you choose to play them on the same Dark/Nobody Card)

The second part of Agrabah lvl3's effect [For each additional doubling effect card used, the damage multiplier increases by 1] is in reference to when there are multiple cards out that say "double the magic..." But, seeing as there are none, this doesn't matter

This is definitely one of the more complicated questions to answer...here's what the Rules and Rulings FAQ says.

Q: How do doubling worlds work?
A: The damage multiplier works as thus: The first “Fire” is doubled to 8 damage, the second “Fire” damage tripled to 12, and the third quadrupled to 16.

So, you'd play 1 Fire and it would become doubled: 4x2 = 8

then, a second Fire increases the multiplier by 1: 4x3 = 12

Finally the third fire would increase the multiplier by one more: 4x4 = 16

Hope this helps. ^_^

So, just to clarify, three fire cards would do 36 damage?

WayToTheDawn said:

This is definitely one of the more complicated questions to answer...here's what the Rules and Rulings FAQ says.

Q: How do doubling worlds work?
A: The damage multiplier works as thus: The first “Fire” is doubled to 8 damage, the second “Fire” damage tripled to 12, and the third quadrupled to 16.

So, you'd play 1 Fire and it would become doubled: 4x2 = 8

then, a second Fire increases the multiplier by 1: 4x3 = 12

Finally the third fire would increase the multiplier by one more: 4x4 = 16

Hope this helps. ^_^

Seriously? When was this rule made this way? That's completely not how someone would interpret the card(s) if they used just the reading of it. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time

Now even I'm a little confused....

I believe this is how good ol' Rule Man Robb Kouba explained it WAY back in the day when this question first popped up...I always thought it made sense...apparently I was wrong?

Well the idea itself makes sense, but the card(s) simply don't state it that way. I mean it's not even a case of "it could mean this or this...".

Text in question:
[For each additional doubling effect card used, the damage multiplier increases by 1.]

If it meant just playing additional Magic Cards increased the multiplier, it would say Magic Card instead. I mean I always assumed the text was put there so that, when/if they brought out more cards that doubled Magic Damage other than worlds, you would go up my singles instead of doubles (ex. x2,x 3, x4; x2, x4, x6)

devilmonkey said:

Well the idea itself makes sense, but the card(s) simply don't state it that way. I mean it's not even a case of "it could mean this or this...".

Text in question:
[For each additional doubling effect card used, the damage multiplier increases by 1.]

If it meant just playing additional Magic Cards increased the multiplier, it would say Magic Card instead. I mean I always assumed the text was put there so that, when/if they brought out more cards that doubled Magic Damage other than worlds, you would go up my singles instead of doubles (ex. x2,x 3, x4; x2, x4, x6)

Well...maybe it depends on how you interpret it, which would definitely fit in with how FFG likes to do things. Or hell, it could even be a translation error...cause from what I've seen of the unreleased cards thus far, they never released a card that doubled magic other than the worlds.

Maybe "Doubling Effect Card" is meant to read as "Each Card that gets the doubling effect of this world"...if you catch my drift...kind of hard to really explain...like a really complicated way of saying "for every other card that gets the doubling effect..."

WayToTheDawn said:

from what I've seen of the unreleased cards thus far, they never released a card that doubled magic other than the worlds.

wisdom form sora.....

FlameChampion267 said:

WayToTheDawn said:

from what I've seen of the unreleased cards thus far, they never released a card that doubled magic other than the worlds.

wisdom form sora.....

Lawlz! partido_risa.gif

I'm sorry, Dawn, but pwn'd, you have been. aplauso.gif

But I will agree that they might've translated the cards wrong. *COFF!*

The maths here is wrong.

VERY WRONG.

BRB - Fetching maths cannon

okay okay....ya'll can kiss my absent minded ass, lol.