So consider me sold on this game.

By GrandMoffMatt, in Star Wars: Destiny

Played my first 6 games this evening at a tournament at Island Games in Chantilly. I won none of them at all. However, a very nice player donated a great many commons and uncommons to get started with on building a Finn Rey deck to play with at the tournament.

Each game was a learning experience. I can't complain. First game was a wipe. Second, I killed Finn. Third, I killed Qui-Gon, but kinda flailed. Fourth, Killed General Grievous and put a hurt on Dooku before losing. Final game. Jango Fett had 1 HP left before I lost. I defeated two Stormtroopers and most of Jango.

The only downside is no packs around is really going to hurt developing further for a time. It is a good opportunity to connect with the community and learn. It was fun, and I didn't hate losing. I think it was a win-win.

Looking forward to more of these games.

Edited by GrandMoffMatt

Such a bummer that it's so hard to find any product right now. We're going to lose out on a lot of players because of it.

Lack of product will potentially create a slow start, but I'm bettting a majority of players who may be out now will come back once production increases. Star Wars products tend to stay on people's radars for some time.

I'm glad the OP had a good enough experience that they're willing to give it a shot.

If you can get up to glen burnie, games and stuff still has a good number of boosters.

If you can get up to glen burnie, games and stuff still has a good number of boosters.

CRAP!. that's kind of a haul with the 495 traffic. Not to mention I couldn't even get close till next weekend.

CRAP!. that's kind of a haul with the 495 traffic. Not to mention I couldn't even get close till next weekend.

Unless you can make it today. The federal holiday means no traffic around DC, and that extends up to Baltimore too.

Unless you can make it today. The federal holiday means no traffic around DC, and that extends up to Baltimore too.

I think I am literally the only office worker at work today. :-/