TOP 7 Characters need to be fixed!

By Filippo, in Talisman

Ghoul: I'd add "Whenever you lose a battle you must immediately (after losing a life or winner takes his reward) roll a die and add the result to your strength value and attack the opponent for another battle. If you win this battle, you must take a life as a reward."

Gives a nice ghoulish feel to it, and yes the ability triggers again after a 2nd loss etc.

Wow, that macabre token ghoul is even worse than the original...

2 hours ago, Bludgeon said:

Wow, that macabre token ghoul is even worse than the original...

I disagree. The ability to choose to use tokens AFTER a roll is quite powerful and adds some strategy to the character. Also, you could use them to add life, which could keep the Ghoul going a long time - back end of a game this character could be pretty tough.

Mmh... I don't appreciate the radical changement of the raising ability. It was thematically well thought.
I think your macabre tokens are not so bad because they are usefull against craft enemies too and you can choose how many to use

Because Ghouls have never raised dead before...in all the games I have played they fed off the dead. I always thought the raising of dead was more necromancer-like.

6 hours ago, JediKnightAmoeba said:

I disagree. The ability to choose to use tokens AFTER a roll is quite powerful and adds some strategy to the character. Also, you could use them to add life, which could keep the Ghoul going a long time - back end of a game this character could be pretty tough.

However, the ability to gain tokens is bad because most time it's better to keep the trophy. For an unexperienced player it's a trap ability.

18 hours ago, Bludgeon said:

However, the ability to gain tokens is bad because most time it's better to keep the trophy. For an unexperienced player it's a trap ability.

I was shooting for a design that would be fun, powerful if used correctly and useful in more ways than the original. I didn't want to make it a top tier character just a hair better; I think I achieved that by this design. Obviously an experienced person that killed a st7 enemy wouldn't grab a token, you would take the increase permanently. But the fact you could potentially gain +8 to any combat or battle roll after rolling is huge.

And from a design factor it is pretty unique. I was pretty happy with the design and hope to try it out if I get my cards replaced.

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba