New Player in Fort Myers, FL

By Empire1974, in General Discussion

I played Magic back in college (mid 90's), but this will be my first LCG. I bought the Core set a year ago, but it just sat on the shelf. However, now I am ready to put the time in and get serious about the game. I boght another two Cores along with every available expansion. For storage, I went with the go7gaming dividers.

Question: what do you recommend for sleeves? I was thinking of only sleeving what cards will be in actual playing decks, and store the rest unsleeved. Thoughts?

Looking forward to playing this game ☺

I played Magic back in college (mid 90's), but this will be my first LCG. I bought the Core set a year ago, but it just sat on the shelf. However, now I am ready to put the time in and get serious about the game. I boght another two Cores along with every available expansion. For storage, I went with the go7gaming dividers.

Question: what do you recommend for sleeves? I was thinking of only sleeving what cards will be in actual playing decks, and store the rest unsleeved. Thoughts?

Looking forward to playing this game ☺

This forum is a bit quiet, and more of the activity (forum wise) is on another FFG-owned site, cardgamedb.com . You're likely to have prompter and more detailed replies there.

I agree with only sleeving cards in actual "active" decks, and storing the rest unsleeved (I store mine in binders, because I like to browse them) - definitely the cheaper option. Personally, I'm pretty fond of the ultra-pro matte sleeves, although well-sized matte sleeves from several companies will all be fine (I've heard good things about KMC Hyper Matte, and obviously seen a lot of Dragon Shield matte). If you're interested in tournament play, it's best to get opaque sleeves that hide the card-back, since official alt-arts and the like have a slightly different coloration (as they're printed in-house) and you can only play them in opaque sleeves.

Edited by -Istaril

Thanks! Yes, I posted over there, too. Took a while to get my post approved. I went with KMC Hyper Matte blacks for the draw deck, and the Art sleeves for the plots. I also picked up a couple of binders as well in case the go7games insert doesn't work out.