Will there be more Awakenings supply after this January printing?

By Glucose98, in Star Wars: Destiny

I remember a time when you couldn't buy Y-Wings because they were out of stock. Can you still buy Y-Wings?

/thread

X-wing is more like a living card game then a collectible one. Not exactly a fair comparison.

The distinction is beyond trivial. Production issues notwithstanding, FFG will continue to make the set until it rotates, which may never happen.

Does anyone know what German (?) Superhero Dice game Christian was referencing that inspired them for Destiny?

Just curious, as I think it would be interesting to see what that game looks like.

I remember a time when you couldn't buy Y-Wings because they were out of stock. Can you still buy Y-Wings?

/thread

X-wing is more like a living card game then a collectible one. Not exactly a fair comparison.

The distinction is beyond trivial. Production issues notwithstanding, FFG will continue to make the set until it rotates, which may never happen.

The idea that Destiny won't have rotation and will indefinitely print sets is not realistic.

Edited by ScottieATF

I didn't say that it wouldn't rotate, only that it might not. We don't know anything for sure except that it if it does rotate, it won't be for a good long while. Until you can show me where somebody said that this will be a limited print run, my point stands.

this is really unacceptable for a ccg, heck we cant even get packs to be gave as prizes for tourneys

this is really unacceptable for a ccg, heck we cant even get packs to be gave as prizes for tourneys

Hasn't been an issue here. We're closing in on 30 people for a Wednesday night event, the shops been able to keep a few boxes squirreled away for prizes.

/thread

As of right now, FFG product page says Y Wings are out of stock

The ywing got rotated out, over a period of 4 turns with much stress involved.

I didn't say that it wouldn't rotate, only that it might not. We don't know anything for sure except that it if it does rotate, it won't be for a good long while. Until you can show me where somebody said that this will be a limited print run, my point stands.

That was what I mentioned in the initial post of this thread. The FFG Event Center said they weren't sure if they were getting more of Awakenings or not. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything similar.

That was what I mentioned in the initial post of this thread. The FFG Event Center said they weren't sure if they were getting more of Awakenings or not. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything similar.

Edited by LordFajubi

The German superhero game that inspired Destiny???? Anyone??? Anyone?????i

The German superhero game that inspired Destiny???? Anyone??? Anyone?????i

That's called Justice League Hero Dice and it didn't inspire Destiny, it has dice manufactured with the same technology. What about it?

Edited by Don_Silvarro

Star Wars LCG

Core Set = $39.95

First 6 expansions = $14.95

That totals (because of 2 cores) = $169.90

Sure I get more cards with that price, but at $100 (roughly) a booster box for Destiny, and every one buying 3-4 boxes each, FFG would be making business suicide NOT to continuing printing set 1. That's over $300 per player.

I am sure they will fix whatever issue they are having with production for the future.

That's called Justice League Hero Dice and it didn't inspire Destiny, it has dice manufactured with the same technology. What about it?

Thank you, just wondering with some of Christian's comments from the top video.

Those dice are hard to manufacture. In fact, the developers of the game said because of the manufacturing issues, they have to have their final designs in a year before it hits the streets.

This isn't true. They said in their panel at the Preview Event that it takes 10-12 months from concept to in stores, including all play testing. They can't have "designs finalized" if they are still play testing and designing things 8 months out.

Meanwhile every store I have checked in my area is already back out of stock. Very discouraging.

Meanwhile every store I have checked in my area is already back out of stock. Very discouraging.

Yeah, and it sounds like it will be awhile. I think people getting into the game at this point until boosters are back at retailers will have to get playable sets by focusing on buying up groups of uncommons, and commons and then targeting rares and legendaries they want.

Yeah, and it sounds like it will be awhile. I think people getting into the game at this point until boosters are back at retailers will have to get playable sets by focusing on buying up groups of uncommons, and commons and then targeting rares and legendaries they want.

Buddy and I started playing this week. He's already grabbed an auction for commons, after realizing out windfall of two starters and accessible boosters was random happenstance, and not the norm.

I'm still trying to pick away where I can find it... May have taken a 40 minute sojourn last night to grab six more boosters...

that's been my only issue. The tourneys have been pretty much 1-2 with the same guys. We were talking and part of the issue is that they got the cards before the stock disappeared. Meh. You know what? The cards will get there eventually.

I hope so.

Even if they just threw a single or small number of dice printing machines at making small runs of the previous set. They would also have a bit of additional capacity to handle a small problem.

Of course not knowing the cost of those machines....

I sure hope so. All the game stores around my area are all sold out of both Starters and Boosters. I managed to get some early on but it's getting harder and harder to complete my set. Might have to trade and/or buy singles since SOR is coming soon and they'll probably be busy getting that expansion out first...