The Dark priest question again

By Svarun2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I have read it over and over again, on the forum but it is still unclear to me...

Because to me it seems the forum sais as though, you still get the treat for every surge u spent, regardless of spending it for range and damage.

So it means rolling 3 surges with a dark priest against a legal target is + 3 damage +3 range and 3 treat aswell ( all of the benefits).

If that is so i think its a bad rule, or at least really unclear.

svarun said:

So it means rolling 3 surges with a dark priest against a legal target is + 3 damage +3 range and 3 treat aswell ( all of the benefits).

That's exactly how it works, which is what makes Dark Priests so great for the Overlord. What I don't understand is what you think is wrong with this?

-shnar

Ok thx Shnar.. it was unclear to me because it said u get a treat for every surge instead of 2. And that kind of indicated that u need to spend surges and i missed the part that u actually get the + damage range without spending the surges.

So u actually spend them on treat but u get the damage aswell and rage..

All fine now thx again.

Dark Prayer:A monster with Dark Prayer generates 1
threat for the overlord for every it rolls when attacking,
instead of every 2 . In addition, the figures gains +1
Range and +1 Damage for each .

there is really nothing unclear Oo

It's true, Dark Priests are the best monster in the game.

The only thing the players groan more over is Beastman War Party. I happen to love Master Beastmen (should be obvious) and I tend to use them to devastating effect. I call the card "Beastman Gank Squad" because whichever hero is in the back is about to be in town.

Dark Priests I tend to use as snipers since they're good at it and I get so much threat.

I love sending in my Master Dark Priests to draw out the lowest CP but powerful mages (like Landrec) and use him as bait to be killed, hopefully by said mage, and increase his CP value.

And isn't there a Beastman War Party Treachery card that is better than the norm?

-shnar

The Elite Beastman War Party has 4 normals and 2 masters. Unfortunately it's 2 Treachery. Still nice, but you could get Legions of the Dead and a couple of shades for the same cost. It's insane in RtL, where master beastmen can get up to Command 3. Drop it out and you've got a total of +56 damage on the board not including rolled dice or any other monsters that might still be alive to benefit from Command 6.

Yeah the improved Beastman War Party is totally worth the 2 treachery. If you've got 1 treachery left over then the Skeleton Army is a good backup, especially if you can arrange it where they benefit from that Command 2/4.