Plots Seeds

By Fideru, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Well, I didn't see a thread devoted to plot seeds, so, I decided to take a bit of a iniative and go ahead to create one.

And there is the desire to produce another fanpplement that deals with plot seeds... Yay even unto an "Epic Campaign" (though the definition of "epic" is apparently more problematic! gui%C3%B1o.gif ).

Kage

We're Your Relief: The Acolytes have been dropped into a warzone. They have to track down and retrieve a soldier in active duty (a la Saving Private Ryan if you like) to get the vital information he has. Twist: The soldier is an Infil-Traitor and the Acolytes must find the key to unlocking his memories.

Curtains for You: A noble with family ties to a recently purged heretic nest, is a great fan of Scintilla's operas. There is no hard evidence that this lord is a dissident, but as the Acolytes investigate him they find out that he intends bloody murder on the night of the opera depicting St. Drusus' victorious battles. Will they be able to infiltrate the opera house when it is full of nobles and patrons of the arts? Twist: The noble is actually a willing sacrifice, the actor playing Drusus intends to kill him in front of everyone as the beginning of a mass sacrifice!*

*I was going to write this for the FFG Dark Heresy adventure contest, but my computer won't be up and running for a while so I'll never have it done in time.

Kage2020 said:

(though the definition of "epic" is apparently more problematic! gui%C3%B1o.gif ).

Kage

Not so much the definition but combining Epic with Plot Seeds, a plot seed is generally something to get the ball rolling and generally only a paragraph or two, from there its up to the GM to chart the progress and make the plot epic in its telling and ultimate conclusion, something that takes more than just a few lines