No end of turn declaration step? We need one.

By Sonteric, in Star Wars: Destiny

... I know a turn is super short in this game, but come on. Do you stuff then say, I end my turn, DONE, problem solved, no rules just common sense.

Basically this is the gist of my argument. I can't for the life of me figure out how people can't just acknowledge that they are done with their turn so the other person can go. Common sense is wonderful, but not everyone uses it unfortunately. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

Simply my own opinion, but very few actions or moments in Destiny create this problem. It feels rather burdensome to have to say "I'm done" after I play every obviously single action, just so we've got a nice consistent pattern for you to make sure not to risk reminding your opponent about an ability.

When it comes down to abilities that you may miss, I've looked, and most triggered abilities that characters have, are "may" triggers. Which means if you miss it, tough luck, you missed it. Now in a casual game, feel free to be nice and rewind back if it's easy to do, but in a tournament, it sucks to be you, you missed it, it's gone. You have to be tough with people that miss that stuff, that's the only way they learn. I've seen it many times, and do it to myself as well.

On the other hand, if the ability doesn't have the word may in it (Akbar was the only one I noticed in Awakenings) you HAVE to do it. If you miss it, the game rewinds to make sure it happens. It's usually best to call a judge in those cases, if you're in a tournament or league.

Interesting topic. I almost always end my turn by saying "your turn" or something like that, so I'm not that player , and I haven't met anyone with this "problem", but I haven't played it competitively yet.

Incidentally, playing Destiny with a chess clock, like I suggested in another thread, would turn both this and stalling into a non-issue.

Edited by Bron Ander Haltern

Interesting topic. I almost always end my turn by saying "your turn" or something like that, so I'm not that player , and I haven't met anyone with this "problem", but I haven't played it competitively yet.

Incidentally, playing Destiny with a chess clock, like I suggested in another thread, would turn both this and stalling into a non-issue.

Looking at earlier posts in this thread it seems that a number of people think it's a burden to even have to say "your turn", I doubt there would be any chance of getting acceptance of chess clock. I like the idea of a chess clock for tournaments. It would keep things moving and takes away intentional stalling and slow play.