Why not another draft set?

By Vorkal, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I understand this game is dead, but is it to much to ask for another draft set? The Necronomicon pack pulls from a pool for 240 cards, why not give us another set with a different pool of 240 cards to draft from? As a POD product it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Keeping COC alive from the Collectable era is how we got the LCG format in the first place and those early packs were a gesture of good will. Oh and 1st ed thrones has two draft sets that you can get via POD...why cant COC? D:

Well, someone would have to spend time selecting the 240 cards to be included. I doubt that FFG currently has the resources to spare for that. I also don't think there's (been) sufficient demand.

I mean, they're apparently not even willing to dedicate the resources to simply reprint the out-of-print cycle(s).

I realize this... which is why im hoping to generate some demand, even with these forums being dead. You could always have the community select the cards. I'm surprised someone didn't go out of their way to make a fan version of the game or something similar and make it a print and play that could be bought through a pod service outside of ffg. :/

Edited by Vorkal

Well, as far, as I know, there's still a group of players working on a fan expansion with new cards, especially to support the Lodge of the Silver Twilight which is a bit under-represented considering the official card-pool.

There should be a thread over at CardGameDB where they infrequently report about their progress. Also at CardGameDB, in the Submitted Decks area, you should find several suggestions from fans for box draft card pools.