voluntary Reveal of Rebel Base

By CorpCommander, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Can the Rebels voluntarily reveal the location of the rebel base?

Ex. The Death Star with no ground forces shows up at Yavin, a planet not yet visited before, with no probe droid data for the Empire, yet. There are no near by Rebel forces.

Q: If the Rebels have a leader, can that leader show up at Yavin and activate the Rebel forces and attempt to take action on the Death Star?

In my first game yesterday, the Rebels were about to evacuate their hidden base. There were 7 possible systems left. I moved forces to secure 3 of them with no luck. I had just built this Death Star, so it had no forces with it. I entered Yavin, as above. The Rebellion was down a leader or two thanks to Boba Fett. On my next action I destroyed Yavin and with it the Rebellion. We were wondering if the rebel base could activate with a leader, or perhaps even without one since there were some space assets there.

During the command phase, the Rebel player may voluntarily reveal the Rebel base, on his turn. RR page 11.

When you reveal, your forces would now be in the same system as the death start. Combat would ensue automatically, (each of you would still be able to bring a leader to the fight tho).

Edited by Hersh

During the command phase, the Rebel player may voluntarily reveal the Rebel base, on his turn. RR page 11.

When you reveal, your forces would now be in the same system as the death start. Combat would ensue automatically, (each of you would still be able to bring a leader to the fight tho).

You're right. To add to it, there is also mention of this in the errata:

"If the Rebel player wishes to optionally reveal his base, he can only do so at the start of one of his turns of the Command Phase, before using one of his leaders."

You're right. To add to it, there is also mention of this in the errata:

"If the Rebel player wishes to optionally reveal his base, he can only do so at the start of one of his turns of the Command Phase, before using one of his leaders."

Nice catch Lemmiwinks. I was soley looking at the RR, which states something a LITTLE different.

Edited by Hersh