Doom Dice Machine - Licence Question

By ErundSie, in Doom

Hi, I created a Dice Roller for Doom (and Expansion) and used a few graphics from the Rules Book for the Buttons.

I would like to post it on my blog. Because of this i contacted Fantasy Flight Games if I can use the graphics with a copyright annotation to FFG.

No one answered me till today, so I decided to write here. If any responsible person reads this, please contact me, so I can send you my work and you can judge.

Er & Sie machen

ErundSie said:

Hi, I created a Dice Roller for Doom (and Expansion) and used a few graphics from the Rules Book for the Buttons.

I would like to post it on my blog. Because of this i contacted Fantasy Flight Games if I can use the graphics with a copyright annotation to FFG.

No one answered me till today, so I decided to write here. If any responsible person reads this, please contact me, so I can send you my work and you can judge.

They're usually pretty flexible with fan created tools.

I made a Descent card editor a couple years ago and was contacted by Christian Petersen, saying he appreciated the enthousiasm but also warned me that I was using copyrighted material (images) in the tool. He said he was OK with this at this moment but that I might have to put this offline once they come up with their own official card editor.

I also have the merged/re-organized rule book posted on FFG, that have been downloaded over 3700 times and surely they know about it, but I never received any complaints from them...

As long as you don't sell their IP material, I don't think you'll have any issues.

Cheers,

iam

Thanks for your answer iam.

I hope that FFG will answer me too and allow me the use. :)