Axis and Allies Type Plastic Trays for Rebellion

By jscott991, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I tried searching for this (and I know it's probably been asked before), but I had no luck finding anything other than links to the foam storage solutions.

But does anyone have any suggestions for how to get plastic trays for unit storage ala Axis and Allies?

I am using baggies right now, but they aren't ideal (and put a little more pressure than I'd like on units like X-Wings and Tie Fighters).

I don't really want to pay as much as I paid for the game for a storage solution, but I do feel something else is needed.

I can't say if they're exactly like Axis & Allies trays, but Top Shelf Gamer makes plastic trays that are pretty reasonably priced. (I think I paid like $33 after shipping)

Got em last week and they're great.

https://www.topshelfgamer.com/products/zen-bins-rebellion-custom-trays

Wow..forget A&A!

I second the value of the zenbins linked above. Just got a set and it is worth it. All the pieces fit nicely in the trays and there are two for rebels and two for empire. They have the icons for what goes in each slot, so easy to put back. And all the pieces come out without having to bend the plastic or tug hard, etc. the card tray spots have recessed bottoms, so you push on the end of the deck and the side pops up for easy grasp.

That might be a little more elaborate than what I want. I don't really need anything for the cards.

I was hoping just for some small trays or bins to keep the units in.

I wonder if like some very small plastic Gladware or whatever might work.

I can't seem to find the links at the Container Store's site but they have hinged plastic bins that are small enough to fit in the original box insert. The five section ones can store all the Rebels units and all of the Empire's small units, while the basic bin can hold SDs and SSDs. I use their flatter bins for the leaders, dice and damage markers.

For the cards I never found an adequate solution so I made foam boxes that fit into the tabs in the insert. If you have the chance I would check out the Container Store or a similar place.

I wasn't looking closely enough, you found the exact bins I use!

I use the single (SDs, SSDS, assault carriers) and five bin (one for Rebels, one for Imperials) compartments from this line:

http://www.containerstore.com/s/collections/hobby/boxes/small-compartment-boxes/123d?productId=10029793&green=0F3FCC7E-4CB7-5A07-A0CD-A8ACEBF8730F

Leaders and rings fit in the large hinged boxes, and dice and damage markers fit in the medium hinged boxes.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/hinged-boxes/d?productId=10032173&q=plastic%20container%20with%20lid

Sadly I could never find anything I like for Death Stars, so I made a foamcore box for them.

It wasn't easy to find, but I'm glad you confirmed those fit. I don't have a container store particularly close to me so I might just order online.

Thanks!

You're welcome, and to clarify you'll need two large hinged boxes (one for each faction) and two medium hinged boxes (one for dice and one for damage markers). I stuff loyalty markers (and sabotage for Rebels) in the middle section of each 5-bin compartment.

I am necroing this thread just to reiterate the value of Zen Bins. They fit the box perfectly, allowed me to carry the game vertically without messing everything up, and make setup and cleanup super-fast. Asmodee should buy these guys and have them do inserts for all of their games.