East London

By ISD Avenger, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I'm a relative newb looking to start playing more regularly. I favour the imperial side but I guess that's not overly important.

Is there a club type situation or do people just meet up for games?

Message a guy called smurfwedge, he usually knows whats going on down there.

There is a club in bromley that i shall and remember the contact name for.

Curious to see if this works.

Raises bat signal

Warboar in Bromley has a tournament for Q1 on 22 January. Worth coming down to get some games, and meet a whole load of fellow Armada players in London.

My FLGS, well run and it sells beer!

I'm a relative newb looking to start playing more regularly. I favour the imperial side but I guess that's not overly important.

And we have the response above the you are looking for!

Warboar in Bromley has a tournament for Q1 on 22 January. Worth coming down to get some games, and meet a whole load of fellow Armada players in London.

Bromley by bow is that? How does it work? Do you bring your own models? Is there a newbie table?

Bromley by bow is that? How does it work? Do you bring your own models? Is there a newbie table?

Haha, different Bromley. This is the one in SouthEast London.

http://www.warboargames.co.uk

https://m.facebook.com/Warboar

In a tournament, you bring your own 400pt fleet and play three rounds against different opponents. First round draw is random, then you play against people with similar tournament scores (Swiss pairing). It is a chance to meet a fair few Armada players in a local-ish area, and get three games in on one day!

Worth downloading the tournament guide and brushing up first, its on the FFG Armada page.

For more casual games, it is a case of arranging with friends to play at the store. There is a Facebook group linked to the store where people organise games for all systems. Might be tricky to just turn up, as most folks arrange in advance. Hope that helps!

Definitely not ready for tournaments! Just some casual learning games for starters I think

Hey dude.

If you are keen for a few friendly games we have a club where we play on Monday nights and Thursday nights mainly.

Unfortunately we are in SW London (Wandsworth) so don't know if that suits.

We have a growing base and have about 10 players. Drop me a line if you would.like more info.

Cheers for the bat signal Ginks

It depends what you mean by East London! There's a thriving (and very friendly and welcoming to new players) club in Wandsworth Town where we have 8 regular players (we just finished a league and are just starting the corellian conflict campaigns) and a couple of less regular players. @Smurfwedge is one of the other players there. Currently the club opens on Thursdays (For Armada, Xwing, Warmachine and board games) and (because Armada has grown and takes up so much space and time) often Monday (sometimes Wednesday).

http://eaglegamingclub.freeforums.net/

There's also tournaments at Dark Sphere (Waterloo) including the Regional on 29th January. I'm not sure what the casual scene is like there but there is some.

**** - Ninja'd by the man himself!

There's also tournaments at Dark Sphere (Waterloo) including the Regional on 29th January. I'm not sure what the casual scene is like there but there is some.

I thought it was february! Cheers for the heads up

I thought it was february! Cheers for the heads up

It got moved due to Yavin - Their website still says the Feb date (apparently there will be a new better website soon) but their facebook page has the info about the move to 29th Jan.

@Ginkapo Just because I mentioned it here - Dark Sphere's Regional on 29th Jan is at 10 am not 11 am now.

@Ginkapo Just because I mentioned it here - Dark Sphere's Regional on 29th Jan is at 10 am not 11 am now.

For flip sake. Its ok i dont value sleep...

Do you happen to know what happened to the tickets online? They disappeared really quickly, so quickly that I cant believe they actually sold out.... I was waiting to confirm I wasnt working a site shift that sunday. :(

Do you happen to know what happened to the tickets online? They disappeared really quickly, so quickly that I cant believe they actually sold out.... I was waiting to confirm I wasnt working a site shift that sunday. :(

Seemingly sold out very quickly. Smurfwedge thought he was going to miss out as they were sold out yesterday and they had replied to his email saying that they were limiting it to 28 players due to space and time (avoiding cut to top 2). However I checked again this morning and there were 6 available (3 retail & 3 web) so he was able to get one. They must have been players who were no longer able to attend. All sold now though. Best I can suggest is email them and keep checking the site.

http://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=76325

Seemingly sold out very quickly. Smurfwedge thought he was going to miss out as they were sold out yesterday and they had replied to his email saying that they were limiting it to 28 players due to space and time (avoiding cut to top 2). However I checked again this morning and there were 6 available (3 retail & 3 web) so he was able to get one. They must have been players who were no longer able to attend. All sold now though. Best I can suggest is email them and keep checking the site.

Cheers Vae, fortunately, just like Smurf, I was 1 of the lucky ones who spotted the 3 become available on web again!

Cheers Vae, fortunately, just like Smurf, I was 1 of the lucky ones who spotted the 3 become available on web again!

Cool - We will prepare ourselves for the threat of the Nebs!

Bit of a thread necro but the cross gaming club that plays at The Ship in Borough meets on Tuesday and Thursday and there are 5 players.

On 30 January 2017 at 8:51 PM, Tobyn said:

Bit of a thread necro but the cross gaming club that plays at The Ship in Borough meets on Tuesday and Thursday and there are 5 players.

Borough, just south of London Bridge?

I missed this originally. I live in East London and have a gaming space at home. I generally favour rebels.
PM if you want to get in a game at some point.