General tournament prize disappointment

By Wolfstan, in FFG World Championships

A friend and I were looking to get more involved with the various tournaments this year, make an effort to get in to the regionals, or as high as it goes in the UK. We then looked at the new prizes that you have on offer... not exactly inspiring are they? Especially as you have to pay for the privilege of entering.

Alternative artwork cards, which wouldn't exactly cost FFG too much to produce, plus are of only any real interest to FFG gamers.

Cheap acrylic counters. You don't even award an amount to be of an real practical use. You generally still have to combine them with the card counters.

In fairness I'm not that much of a gaming geek that the medals awarded for wining Imperial Assault actually appealed to me either. However practical things like the metal turn counters, large acrylic counters, a proper amount of counters or play mats (even if a small version) do appeal to me and my mate and probably to most gamers.

We would really like to support our local store and the hobby, but this these new tournament packs are very disappointing, especially when you consider how much we spend on your products. You only have to see the demand for Destiny to see that.

It's a shame that FFG seems to take the gamers support for granted.

You know that the object of the game is to have fun, right? Rewards are just icing on the cake

Yes, you are right, big rewards always make people happy, but we end up paying them in the cost of the box anyway so it's not very fair on the non-competitive players