Mission Editor link a no go

By player1461023, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I got Descent about two weeks ago, and already decided to buy an expansion. In that book I saw that you could get a mission editor here, but when I tried to download it the link isn't working. Could anyone point me out to another way of getting this editor?

bumping... hoping someone could answer this, atleast from Fantasy Flight

Alright so this isn't working... Is there a way to contact Fantasy Flight then and ask them about this broken link?

Maybe they removed the editor...

But there are some fan-made editors available that are in fact better than the FFG-editor. (The FFG-editor doesn't include all elements from the expansions, but this fan-made editors has them all (except from the elements from sea of blood))

I would recommend the tile-system-editor: You will find it here:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=136&efcid=1&efidt=215717

Thanks so much, man.

Graf,

I'm having trouble getting the tile-system-editor to work properly and was wondering if you had the appropriate steps to set it up. Changing to the WART set, I get errors saying that none of the other sets exist. If I change to one of the tilesets that "don't exist," it loads but all of the boxes in the left are just black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

In the most cases, problems occur because the WART-set was extracted in the wrong folder. Are you sure you placed it in the right folder?

Moreover, you get problems if you try to convert a map from an older tile-set to the new wart-set because it uses other elements, other tiles.

So unfortunately, you can't develop existing maps from older tilesets with the new one - you have to create the map from new.

I am quoting the WART-creator, avianfoo:

"unzip the zips into the TileSystem directory and in TileSystem the new tileset (File->Change tileset).

Though the pics and most of the .set files (except the descent_WART.set file) should be in a directory named "descent_WART" inside the TileSystem directory. Some unzippers do not unzip the directory structure. When unzipping you *must* maintain the directory structure or it will not work."

I hope this will help you.

Thanks Graf.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. If you drag the files out to extract them, it won't copy a directory. You have to actually "Extract" to get all of the appropriate folders.

Thanks again, it's nice to have an editor to use happy.gif