Claim a Battlefield

By Snake3y3s, in Star Wars: Destiny

When claiming a battlefield, do you HAVETO resolve its claim effect or is it optional?

for example on Starship Graveyard:

Claim - Choose a support or upgrade in your discard pile and place it on top of your deck.

Are the Claim abilities a "may" effect or a "must do"?

Page 14 of the RRG.

Or 'no, it's optional'.

I prefer the 'teach a man to fish' approach.

When claiming a battlefield, do you HAVETO resolve its claim effect or is it optional?

Claim - Choose a support or upgrade in your discard pile and place it on top of your deck.

When buying a starter, do you HAVETO read its rulesheet or is it optional?

for example on Kylo starter rulesheet:

Claim the battlefield

When you claim the battlefield, you may immediately use its "Claim" ability.

Are the read abilities a "may" effect or a "must do"?

Great way to chase away beginners, if you cant respond without being smug and degrading then dont respond at all...

Edited by Soulless

I do like a good snug response myself.

So... do we all snuggle with each other now or what?

Claim - Choose a support or upgrade in your discard pile and place it on top of your deck.[/size]

When buying a starter, do you HAVETO read its rulesheet or is it optional?

for example on Kylo starter rulesheet:

Claim the battlefield

When you claim the battlefield, you may immediately use its "Claim" ability.

Are the read abilities a "may" effect or a "must do"?

When responding do you HAVE to be a massive bellwhacker or is it optional?

Soulless and Stu35... thank you for those responses.
I had a similar response myself in mind, but just didnt have a chance to type it up earlier...

This is a new system, so every question is valid and there is no need to rip on someone new, that is by far the easiest and quickest way to chase newbies and beginners away from a game.

a simple answer would have been just fine... even WonderWAAAGH's response would have been fine, I have the RRG, just didnt look or think it was in there. so my bad for first posting before checking myself.

Thank you for your time and responses guys, and sorry to Rouge30 for wasting his time for him to add a quote and type a answer

Edited by Snake3y3s

Even better than the rules sheet, you have the ever handy dandy rule reference which is far more complete, a PDF that can be viewed and stored on a table, phone or other wonderful device like the computer at work. :lol:

Also, as a text searchable PDF you can type in a phrase like say "resolve" and find the many instances that you have for that word.

You can also cut and paste bits, which is great too.