uncommon=rare

By soviet prince, in Star Wars: Destiny

with the ratio of both 1 per pack, are they not the same rarity

No, not exactly. But I can tell you I still had to buy about $6.00 worth off MM after opening 4 boxes. At least they're not expensive.

Well in 6 packs you get 5 rares, 6 uncommons

Since the uncommons would also be in the legendary packs as well, they would be printed slightly more often than rare, as in 6 uncommons printed for every 5 rares. This is very different than most CCGs and on a functional basis, maybe not treated too much differently.

They really are not that different. They are slightly more common by 0.5-1.5%, but the only real difference is one has dice.

they need to have 6 cards per pack 3 commons 2 uncommons and 1 rare, make more sense

They really are not that different. They are slightly more common by 0.5-1.5%, but the only real difference is one has dice.

I believe it is actually better than this, because if I am not mistaken, the number of different uncommon cards is < the number of different Rare + Epic cards. So you are much more likely to get duplicates of uncommons than you are to get duplicate rares. That makes it more likely that even though you get one rare/Epic per pack and 1 uncommon, you are more likely to get the uncommon you want than you are to get the rare/epic you want, especially the more you open packs.

That said I opened multiple boxes and had 1 uncommon that I did not get 2 of just from opening stuff. But I did have several that I had 4+ of so I was probably just unlucky with that specific uncommon.

Yeah, not really equal. There's less UCs in the set than Rs and Ls combined, on average there's also less UCs that go in a good deck than Rs and Ls combined, so you don't even need that much. They're also MUCH cheaper to buy as singles. So yeah, you can get a playset of UCs much quicker and cheaper than a playset of Rs/Ls.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

5 boxes and was still missing an uncommon i was unlucky :)

I believe it is actually better than this, because if I am not mistaken, the number of different uncommon cards is < the number of different Rare + Epic cards. So you are much more likely to get duplicates of uncommons than you are to get duplicate rares. That makes it more likely that even though you get one rare/Epic per pack and 1 uncommon, you are more likely to get the uncommon you want than you are to get the rare/epic you want, especially the more you open packs.

That said I opened multiple boxes and had 1 uncommon that I did not get 2 of just from opening stuff. But I did have several that I had 4+ of so I was probably just unlucky with that specific uncommon.

There are 43 uncommons and 43 rares. 3 of the uncommons are battlefields, so you want less of those. 5 of the rares are characters you can play 3 of in a decklist and 1 is a character you can play 4 of in a decklist, so you want more of those. Given this and the fact a box of 36 packs gives you 36 uncommons and only 30 rares, uncommons are certainly more common than rares.

Personally I call them "Non-Dice Rares."

Yes, the numbers are 6 uncommons for every 5 rares printed. Some cards will be more playable than others, so expect several uncommons to be more valuable than rares.

Yeh..it feels weird. I have opened 2 boxes and still have no single Willpower. But you can have some of my Nightsisters, Scouts and BB8s.

The term "uncommon" just doesn't seem to fit with the distribution and booster composition.

Yes, the numbers are 6 uncommons for every 5 rares printed. Some cards will be more playable than others, so expect several uncommons to be more valuable than rares.

But when you factor in that there are 83 uncommons in a playset and 92 rares in a playset, you end up with about 4 uncommons for every 3 rares.

But when you factor in that there are 83 uncommons in a playset and 92 rares in a playset, you end up with about 4 uncommons for every 3 rares.

Isn't a playset two of each card? So wouldn't it be 86 uncommons and 86 rares? I'm confused where the 83 and 92 numbers are coming from.

Well the 3 uncommon battlefields wouldn't need two of. Either way a near 1:1 ratio makes this game very different than most CCGs were uncommon to rares tend to be 2:1 to 3:1.

Isn't a playset two of each card? So wouldn't it be 86 uncommons and 86 rares? I'm confused where the 83 and 92 numbers are coming from.

40 uncommon cards you want 2 each of and 3 uncommon battlefields you only want one of. 40*2=80, 80+3=83 uncommons in a playset.

37 rare cards you want 2 each of. 5 rares are generic characters you can play 3 of in 30 points, so you want 3 of each of those instead of just 2. 1 rare is a generic you can play 4 of in 30 points. 37*2=74, 5*3=15, 74+15+4=93 rares in a playset. Oops, 92 was incorrect earlier.