Bala-Tik and his ability?

By bgrelle, in Star Wars: Destiny

I'l copy/paste the question and the answer i got. Dont know if there's a better way to write it here.

Here is the question i asked:

"Rules Question:

Hi. First of all, congratulations and thanks for this awesome game. In my group we have a question and couldn't find an answer in neither the rules nor the forum: When you activate a character that already has one or more of its associated dice in the pool (lets say, a just readied Bala-Tik or someone readied by Leadership), do you roll the dice in the pool too? Some of us think that this would be a reroll, not a roll, and should remain in the pool. Others think that, since the rules instruct you to roll ALL associated dice, those should be rolled too. Thanks!"

And here's the answer:

"Willy,

Thanks for the question. Whenever you activate a character, you roll any of its dice that are on that character. Dice in the pool remain in the pool and are unaffected. Before activating a character like Bala-Tik again, you could spend his dice in your pool so that he could roll more of them.

May the force be with you,

-Lukas"

But what about the blank's? You cannot resolve blank sides, so are they stuck in the pool?

But what about the blank's? You cannot resolve blank sides, so are they stuck in the pool?

It would seem as though that is the case, which rather quite disappoints me.

I'l copy/paste the question and the answer i got. Dont know if there's a better way to write it here.

Here is the question i asked:

"Rules Question:

Hi. First of all, congratulations and thanks for this awesome game. In my group we have a question and couldn't find an answer in neither the rules nor the forum: When you activate a character that already has one or more of its associated dice in the pool (lets say, a just readied Bala-Tik or someone readied by Leadership), do you roll the dice in the pool too? Some of us think that this would be a reroll, not a roll, and should remain in the pool. Others think that, since the rules instruct you to roll ALL associated dice, those should be rolled too. Thanks!"

And here's the answer:

"Willy,

Thanks for the question. Whenever you activate a character, you roll any of its dice that are on that character. Dice in the pool remain in the pool and are unaffected. Before activating a character like Bala-Tik again, you could spend his dice in your pool so that he could roll more of them.

May the force be with you,

-Lukas"

Or you could play "He Doesn't Like You" or another card which removes dice (or manipulates it into something useful - or just discard a card for a re-roll)

But yes, all that aside, based on this ruling, they're essentially stuck in the pool.

Makes total sense. You only roll dice that are on your card. Simple enough.