Getting into this game

By Monoxide419, in Star Wars: The Card Game

After seeing Rouge one and playing destiny dice . I been very interest in this card game. I was wondering what do I need to know about it?

It is a very deep game. Although deck building plays a role your ingame actions play a greater role than in most other games of this kind I know. There are not yet cards from Rogue One in the game but given the time period of the game there is a good probability that there will be characters from the movie in the game. Characters from Rebels have entered the game in the most recent cycle e.g.

Last but not least moneywise the LCG will be much easier to maintain.

The LCG model makes getting into the game relatively easy. There are no R/UC/C issues. Every pack you purchase provides the playset for the card.

The game is asymmetric - the win condition is different for two players. The Dark player attempts to progress a Death Star dial to 12 and the Light player attempts to destroy 3 objectives (each player has 3 objectives in play at nearly all times).

Combat is simplified in that it is a common play field (jawas can battle against X-wings) but the nuance to battle is in a mechanic called "the edge battle." It is basically a silent bid system by placing cards facedown into an edge stack. Each card has a value, and the value is calculated. The combat strength of most units in the game is altered based on winning or losing the edge.

Many of the iconic characters from the TV shows, books and movies (original trilogy) have found their way into the game. You will find multiple versions of the most iconic characters - Palpatine, Vader, Boba Fett, Jabba, Tarkin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc.

If you like Star Wars and you enjoy a game that is simple enough to enjoy at your dinner table and complex enough for true competitive play, then this is a game you will enjoy!