New to the secondary market

By Hobbyist, in Star Wars: Destiny

So, this is my first collectible anything since i was 10. What is the secondary market like? Does anyone's lgs have a singlesdisplay yet? Are there websites to look for? Any buying or selling advice to look for?

Miniatures Market is the only one selling singles so far, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for TCG player. You can easily find cards on eBay as well, if you don't mind separate purchases. Card prices generally deflate a few weeks after a set's release, once the hype dies down and people playing with cards get a better sense of their playability. We still have no tournament rules on the horizon, and the meta is what's ultimately going to dictate the price of singles, so for right now it's all kind of up in the air. If you have the disposable income then pay for what you feel like, and if you don't then you'll need to exercise some patience.

The market is going to calm WAY down in January. Cool Stuff is buying singles now and I suspect will be selling them soon as well. I doubt any single goes for more than $15 by the end of February.

Thanks for the replies, I don't plan on playing competitively, so i'm going to max out at about 4 booster packs a month, grab a few things I like to fill in what's needed and to keep both sides balanced. My wife probably won't be doing any deckbuilding other than choosing characters, so it sgould work out ok

Thanks for the replies, I don't plan on playing competitively, so i'm going to max out at about 4 booster packs a month, grab a few things I like to fill in what's needed and to keep both sides balanced. My wife probably won't be doing any deckbuilding other than choosing characters, so it sgould work out ok

I've currently built two decks that are that way. A Villain Blue/Yellow and a Hero Yellow/Red. Pick 30 points of characters and go!

That's how I'm approaching the game right now as well. I absolutely love this game so far, but continue question whether or not it will be able to cut out a large enough piece of the CCG market for itself to survive long-term.

All of the non-unique characters are going for $3 or less - another FO Stormtrooper is only $1.50!